Search Underway for Suspects in Early Morning Smash and Grab Burglary

UPDATE: 9:08 A.M. – The last suspect is described as a black male, dark jeans, grey sweatshirt with the word IOWA written on the front. The suspect is still believed to be in the area of Powell Road and Barclay Ave.

SPRING HILL – At least three suspects are in custody after an early morning smash and grab burglary of the Gold-N-Pawnd Gun and Pawn Shop on Mariner Blvd.
The incident occurred sometime before daylight this morning but sources tell RNRF that no merchandise was taken from the store. Gold-N-Pawnd’s location on County Line Road was hit just four days ago but it is not known if those suspects are connected to this morning’s burglary.
One suspect suffered minor injuries after he was taken into custody at Powell Road and Barclay Ave.
All suspects are reportedly juveniles.There are still several K-9 units, Sheriff’s Deputies, Florida Highway Patrol Troopers and an air unit actively searching the area of Pristine Place, where all of the suspects fled on foot. There are unconfirmed reports that the suspects abandoned their vehicle on the Suncoast Parkway.

Comments
  • Bad enough we have to deal with our own local rogue klingons. Now we have klingons coming in from Orlando to rob and steal. Most likely part of the Pine Hills Klingon housing projects!

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 12:28 pm
  • Jlo…. Who the f*** do you think you are trying to bash on the owners of the pawn shop. They are victims here. Your just trying to stir up drama. Haters gonna hate. that . Gold n Pawn are good people who have been in this town a long time and that post by jlo is. BTW….. Who goes by jlo anyway…. Get real.

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 7:00 pm
  • It’s very likely these kids are working for a theft gang coming in from another area. The car they had was stolen from Orlando. I just don’t think they are local kids. The one they are looking for now is probably the adult.

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 9:15 am
  • Todd- one of the classiest responses I have ever read in this forum. I am a customer and no one has ever been anything but polite and helpful. Sorry for your current trouble. You and your shop deserve better.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 11:36 pm
    • JIM I AGREE 100%

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 12:24 pm
  • Have they found the fourth suspect yet?

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:43 pm
  • The problem with these juveniles is that they know very well that they will get out as minors and end up with a slap on the wrist. Many of these kids do crimes for adults and get paid. Once the juvenile turns 18 his history of crime is cleared and he starts with a clean record. These kids know this. Only way to stop this is charge them as adults. You commit a crime you pay the consequence as an adult. See how fast they will think twice. What would have happened if someone was inside one of those pawn shops and shot one of these kids dead… That pawn shop employee would be labeled the bad guy. If these young snot nosed punks broke into your house and you were armed what would you do? You don’t know if these kids are armed or not. This is just plain stupidity on these kids part.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 8:55 pm
  • Those darn Amish are responsible for the majority of crime in this county.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 8:20 pm
  • county line had me thinking, cuz owners son ,Joe who manages that store has a bad drug addiction .Now the Mariner store ,his brother manages .He is just an irrogant s.o.b.There mother Deb is so lovely ,sorry for her.
    On another note,it takes a society to raise a child .It makes no difference what color we are .Twigg street is no worse than Pinehurst or Holiday.dr.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 7:04 pm
    • I’ll sorry you feel this way. I’m one of the owners and not sure who you are without a complete name. Thank you for the complement to my sweet mother. Also I apologize for what ever situation would lead you to think I (Todd) am an “arrogant sob”. I pride myself on treating everyone with respect. I’m not sure why you have this opinion but for whatever reason I will tell you I am sorry. As far as my brother Joe is concerned, many people have made mistakes and his are behind him. Our reputation of over 24 years in this county and large customer base is very important to us. If you ever stop in the Mariner store please say hello. Thanks Todd

Monday, 19 June 2017, 8:40 pm
      • You’re a great guy, Todd, so is your brother. Don’t pay attention to Mr/Ms. whacko above.

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 3:23 pm
    • Thank you so much for pointing this out. I would hope everyone would feel the same

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:26 pm
    • Learn how to spell, clearly seems like your just another Spring Hill crackhead.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:35 pm
    • TAKES A SOCIETY MAYBE IN SOCIALISTS COUNTRIES BUT NOT HERE ! IT MAY TAKE A MOTHER AND A FATHER BUT THEN THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN UNDER WELFARE SO ????????

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 7:22 am
      • Takes a “village” everywhere Einstein. It’s obvious by the content of your speech your character is about on the same level as the thugs.

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 3:25 pm
    • I HAVE VISITED BOTH LOCATIONS AND FOUND THE OWNERS MANAGERS ,WHATEVER TO BE VERY PERSONABLE AND PLEASANT PEOPLE !!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 10:02 am
  • They belong in chains or cages

Monday, 19 June 2017, 6:56 pm
  • All I can say is if I owned a pawn shop I would spend my nights there hoping they broke into my place I would leave them on the floor in a puddle of blood 12 or 20 they could kill you just as dead. they know if they’re under 18 nothing’s going to be done to them treat them like an adult quit using the word kid they’re bunch of Punk’s

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:33 pm
  • Let’s hope the “kids” turn states evidence. More here than what meets the eye. Promises of drugs, money and hierarchy spur these kids on. Gotta be someone behind all of this.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 3:13 pm
  • This is why I vote for year round schooling kids get bored in summer and have nothing to do!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 3:01 pm
    • KIDS GET BORED ????????????? REALLY EVER HEAR OF A PART TIME JOB MAYBE SPORTS MAYBE RIDING BIKES TO THE BEACH ???????????????

Monday, 19 June 2017, 4:53 pm
  • I live in Hibiscus and they did abandon their vehicle and flee on foot and jumped our fence too. Came home around 630am this morning with a helicopter circling and saw through my bedroom window (it faces the highway) that there was a car in the embankment and one of the planks in the Hibiscus fence was popped out. Really scary when you’re coming home so late from work.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 2:46 pm
  • Damm hoodrats

Monday, 19 June 2017, 1:56 pm
    • Lol

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 11:14 pm
  • Those kids are victims of, and the product of, horrible parenting. I am so glad my mom and dad were the stand-up people that they were.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 12:59 pm
  • How and when were Code Red sent out? I passed the activity and was surprised that my truck wasn’t searched and found out what was going on after I got to work.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 12:47 pm
  • I was listening to the tv this morning. I recognized the streets, named, so looked at the tv, where it said, HILLSBORO county. Hope they catch these stinking dirt bags and KEEP them locked up!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 12:25 pm
    • They need their kicked. And a good face punch! Low life worthless useless pieces of crap! Go get a job you no good frigging bums! Lazy bunch of no good lousy dirtbags!!!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 2:13 pm
  • SINCE THEY ARE MINORS CHARGE THE PARENTS WITH THE CRIME.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 11:50 am
    • That’ll teach them accountability for their actions….c’mon??? Really???

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:50 pm
  • PUT A COP ON TWIGG SREET HE WILL SHOW UP !!!!!!!!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 11:15 am
    • Stop by and visit Twigg Street once in a while. You might find that it’s not as bad as the people say.. Stop being so judgemental. EVERY RACE has their share of hiccups.But we all bleed the same. Regardless of how well we raise our children. They are still going to do what they want to do, when they want to do it.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 3:41 pm
      • THEY HAVE NOTHING I NEED ON TWIGG STREET !!!!

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 10:00 am
    • These boys must now pay the price for their stupidity. As they should. Common sense is due to anyone. But not everyone uses it. Adults as well. Has nothing to do with where you come from. But everything with where you are trying to go. NO ONE SHOULD EVER ALLOW THEIR DEMOGRAPHICS DEFINE WHO THEY ARE. Carboardbox or Twigg Street. Trailer park or under a tree. ?

Monday, 19 June 2017, 3:56 pm
    • What does TWIGG have to do with this y’all kill me with stupid talk YA’ll got just as much dope in spring hill as BROOKSVILLE if not more YA’ll children on more pills meth heroin you name robbing there parents to get there fix yet y’all make excuses for they white ass GET A LIFE CRIME I ALL RACES IN HELL WILL YOU LIFT UP YPUR EYES IF YPU DONT CHANGE YPU STINKING THINKING AIN’T NO WHITE HEAVEN ALL RACES ARE THERE HEY JESUS ?

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 7:07 am
  • thugs dont want to work just steal they will be out tomorrow

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:51 am
  • was he able to squeeze through those bars on the broken door or were they put there after the incident?

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:32 am
  • Damn kids think it’s all fun n games!!!! They didn’t take anything so to me that means they were bored looking for some excitement and now they caused the owners a lot of money

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:18 am
  • Can’t shoot punk kids, so hangem. Case closed, pieces of crap off welfare and da streets.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:08 am
    • Ahhhh SHUT UP Bethy………nobody pulled your chain.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:25 pm
      • Someone shoukd hang her as that seems to be something she really wants to see…To bad no punishment for idiotic comments. lmao

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:44 pm
    • What the Real Bethy said….

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:46 pm
  • Charge them as adults keep them off the streets.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:00 am
  • Treat them as adults. Throw the book at them.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:55 am
  • Odell Beckham strikes again , that’s the same one that hit your other store on County line

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:50 am
    • Don’t Insult OBJ like that…. that guy at least made himself something. But how dumb are people? You don’t think places like that have cameras? You just leave your face wide open. Do they really think they won’t be caught?!?!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:01 am
      • Was a joke my friend, I happen to like Odell he is a great athlete. These pieces off need to do time.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 11:22 am
        • Oh I know. I was kidding along. I’m a Giant fan lol

Monday, 19 June 2017, 1:11 pm
  • Sorry but just how DUMB can you be?

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:38 am
  • Some fine future productive members of society! Damn punk low life’s.
    Stay safe HCSO, glad nothing was taken or no one was hurt!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:35 am