BREAKING: Mother and Child Run Over After Church Service, Driver Also Injured

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church this morngin, where sources say a mother and her young child were run over by an elderly driver. The victims are reportedly a 25-year-old female and her 4-year-old child.

There are unconfirmed reports that the elderly driver may have suffered medical episode, which led to the accident.

All three have been transported to local hospitals for treatment but their conditions are unknown at this time.

We will bring more on this story as information develops.

St. Joan of Arc is located at 13485 Spring Hill Drive.

Comments
  • Heard on the radio earlier sherriff report stated 91 year old man hit gas instead of brake.No medical episode

Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 9:35 am
  • this just in: a crazed pitbull was behind the wheel. RNRF is on the scene.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 11:35 am
  • I think it’s safe to say drivers of all ages are responsible for accidents for many different reasons and would guess violating traffic laws causes most.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 6:01 am
  • Prayers to all involved. Everyone is so consumed with the elderly driver. Medical Episodes are not bias to only the elderly. My mom had a TIA at home at age 44 and drove incident free for 34 additional years. My aunt had a sudden brain aneurysm at age 28. The truth is something can go wrong in anyone’s body, at any age, at any given time. I do agree that at a certain point in a senior’s life one may have to give up their driver’s license due to health issues. Most likely will be one of us here in the future. In the mean time I think texting while driving, drinking while driving, drug abuse while driving and speeding are much more serious problems. Most definitely more of that on our roads as opposed to elderly medical episodes. Tragic incidents happen every minute of every hour of everyday, and that is just this thing called life.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 10:59 pm
    • Not one accident story on here ever stated the cause happened from texting however many elderly medical episode accident stories are on here.Yes it is a problem with people texting but just stating the facts no accidents caused by it

Monday, 19 June 2017, 5:18 am
  • I get that driving equals independence, but at what cost? Certainly most seniors don’t live with family, but assisted living facilities keep them active, and hopefully would notice a change in condition of a client. Also provides daily interaction of their peers. Expensive, I get that.. I grocery shop for a few non-drivers, most are lonely, but determined to leave hundreds of thousands to their churches (not relatives), I wish they would spend it on their own day to day lives. Just what I’ve seen.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 10:05 pm
  • Els – I can’t believe your mother knew she was having episodes but hid it because she thought she might loose her right to drive. But I guess it’s OK for her to put others at risk. She could kill someone or worse injure them for life. People, if you have these types of episodes take yourself off the road never mind worrying what your doctor is gonna do. in my opinion if you have TIAs and you know it you are driving to endanger.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 8:48 pm
    • Former Yankee, my mom had NO IDEA she had TIA . She did have a very demanding & controlling husband who refused to do anything for himself. She was raised “old school ” meaning she took care of family & friends not thinking of herself. SHE DID NOT KNOW SHE HAD TIA BEFORE I GOT INVOLVED. HER HUSBAND ONLY CARED ABOUT WHEN IS BREKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER?? OR DID HE HAVE CLEAN SHIRT FOR CHURCH ( THERE’S A JOKE – HE WAS A DEACON IN A CHURCH!!!!!) MY MOM WAS 86 BUT SHE DID NOT – I REPEAT DID NOT – INTENTIONALLY ENDANGER OTHER LIVES. SHE FLAT DID NOT HAVE ANY IDEA – JUST THOUGHT SHE WAS TIRED FROM TAKING CARE OF HUSBAND ( ABUSIVE, CONTROLLING, UNAPPRECIATIVE) HOUSE & YARD. SO YANKEE GO BACK & READ AGAIN BECAUSE I PLAINLY STATED SHE HAD NO IDEA !!!!!

Monday, 19 June 2017, 9:06 am
      • It actually clearly states, that that your mother wouldn’t tell her doctor that she was having these episodes, because she was scared of losing her independence and driving privileges.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 4:36 pm
  • Prayers for all three involved here. This man must feel awful. To mom and her baby I’m sure it wasn’t intentional. May your church members gather around all of you for support and assistance.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 7:01 pm
  • Are there any updates on those injured?

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 6:26 pm
  • my prayers to all involved.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 3:29 pm
  • stand your ground!!!!!

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 3:23 pm
  • Has anyone else noticed that everytime an elderly person wrecks or runs someone over it is excused because of a medical episode???

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 3:08 pm
    • Yes ! Most of the time it’s because they’re driving around on medication and they don’t have the motor skills anymore to be on the road

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 4:27 pm
    • hmm probably cuz they are elderly and more prone to medical episodes. Might as well off yourself now so you don’t have them and we have to read about you here.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 5:59 pm
      • or how about mandatory testing every so often instead of easy renewal? if you can barely stand, move your legs or arms, have an extended list of medical problems, and are on a large number of medications that cause things from dizziness to confusion, well maybe you should not be operating a heavy machinery risking other peoples lives. I mean I know common sense logic and safety sound extreme but if you really stop and think maybe driving isnt for every one forever.. I know its very complicated and complex but stop and think about it.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 10:38 am
    • robin morales, ” unconfirmed reports that the elderly driver MAY have suffered a medical episode “. Things like TIA ( transient ischemic attack ) can happen at any time with no warning. My mother, while hugging me goodbye after a visit one day, went instantly limp and couldn’t verbalize. She seemed perfectly fine prior to this. I did research when I got home and immediately called her doctor to make an appiointment. He had no idea she was having episodes like this. He was amazed when I told him I suspected TIA and after testing he confirmed my “diagnosis”. DON’T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE THE ELDERLY -YOU WILL BE THERE ONE DAY TOO. Would you rather read elderly man was DRUNK?? Would that make it better??? My mother wouldn’t tell her doctor she’d had these before because she might lose her independence and driving privileges.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 6:53 pm
      • Your last sentance makes the point. Seems your mother put her desire to drive above the saftey of others by hiding her condition.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 10:23 pm
    • Yes and ignore the fact they shouldnt be driving. Field sobriety test..not breath test..but sobriety. If you cant do tests cant drive…impaired is impaired. .alcohol.medication.stroke.old age

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 10:55 pm
  • Prayers for all.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 3:05 pm
    • God must have been busy counting how much was in the collection plate after a day of fleecing the flock and not paying attention to traffic control. I just hope everyone is going to be ok because here’s a news flash if you get run over after praising Jesus and God is on total control of everything including your life bed then it wasn’t an accident. Give up the superstition people do something worth while with your Sunday morning

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 8:46 pm
      • I’m curious, GEORGE. Were you born and a$$ hole; or did you take lessons?

Monday, 19 June 2017, 7:54 am
        • No I was once a believer but then realized it was all without evidence. Now I don’t believe in BS but why is it because I don’t agree with your thoughts I’m an hole

Monday, 19 June 2017, 2:36 pm
          • Faith is believing without seeing. Hopefully you will find some but, don’t worry–we’ll pray for you!

Monday, 26 June 2017, 12:21 am
    • Nothing fails like prayer. It’s been helping people feel better about doing absolutely nothing beneficial for centuries. If you want to help those involved then do something that doesn’t involve asking an imaginary man in the sky to lend a hand when he obviously didn’t care enough to do so in the first place or if he is in control of every second of your life and what happens to you then he ment for it to happen in the first place so that would make him sadistic.

Monday, 19 June 2017, 7:36 am