18 Mile High-Speed Pursuit Ends in Spring Hill, Woman Faces Felony Charges – VIDEO

PASCO – A Titusville woman led Pasco County Deputies on an 18 mile high-speed pursuit Thursday that came to a violent end on a dead end street in Spring Hill.

According to Pasco Officials, Just after 11 p.m. last night, deputies of the District III STAR Unit attempted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of U.S. Highway 19 and Moog Road. The vehicle fled the stop, and the driver’s actions showed signs of severe impairment. A vehicle pursuit ensued, and the driver continued northbound on U.S. 19. The driver eventually came to a stop near U.S. 19 and Main Street in New Port Richey where units attempted a felony traffic stop. As units approached the vehicle on foot the defendant backed up, turning her wheel, and began driving directly into the path of deputies. She struck an unoccupied patrol car and continued northbound on U.S. 19 where she sideswiped another vehicle.

Additional deputies deployed stop sticks which deflated the vehicle’s front tire. After a total of 18 miles, the defendant turned down Hunters Lake Road, near the entrance to Pasco Hernando State College where the pursuit came to an end.  The driver stopped at a closed fence but refused to comply or respond to commands. Deputies forced entry into the vehicle and were forced to tase and pepper spray the driver before she was taken into custody.

35-year-old Allison Brooke Cooper, faces charges of fleeing to elude with reckless disregard, resisting with violence, aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and felony criminal mischief. Cooper also received numerous traffic citations.

Cooper is currently held at the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center on a $27,000 total bond.

Pasco Officials provided bodycam video of the pursuit and ultimate arrest of Cooper. Click the link below to watch the video in it’s entirety.

Cooper

Comments
  • I was on the road during this pursuit. She, literally, cut in front of me while I was trying to find a place to pull over after the deputy failed to even attempt to divert traffic. He just stopped at NY Ave and opened his trunk and started taking the stop strips out, we all sat at the red light while he did this, of course not knowing what he was doing bc nobody has ever seen those before, then right after the light went green this chick comes swerving through traffic followed by a million PCSO employees. While I’m glad nobody was hurt, I’ve never been so scared in my life. I hope that in the future the police handle these situations more appropriately, a lot of people could have gotten hurt here, I was there!

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 11:59 pm
  • 18 Miles to think about it and take out lives! Guess she is what you would call perfect!

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 9:05 pm
  • Listen all y’all need to shut tf up, people make mistakes in life. NOBODY perfect.

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 8:03 pm
    • YOU NEED TO GET HOOKED ON PHONICS………………. SORRY GET SCHOOLED

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 11:13 pm
    • You need to think about how you start your comments someone should walk up to you and say Shut tf up! so here i am Shut the F— up how you like that 🙂

Monday, 1 August 2016, 9:22 pm
  • Wow all you guys are closet racists. I bet everyday ya go to work talk nice to ya black co-workers but in reality ya dispis them cause of the color of there skin.

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 9:06 am
  • Why is everyone attacking her with ” Black lives matter “? I saw her 1st appearance on the news and she refused to get or have an attorney as well as pleading guilty over and over… I’m a little tired of the whole because I’m black and because I’m a minority but she hasn’t even tried to defend her actions let alone play the race card not to mention the childish elementary style bullying going on in most of these comments about her looks, her teeth and her color…..I’m glad they were able to subdue her without any injuries to the public or the officers and I’m glad she’s taking responsibility for her actions apparently she is at least a bit more mature than a lot this articles readers. Thank you for reporting the story RNRF.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 11:06 pm
    • Evil triumphs, I bet some of the racists commenting here went to church this morning and prayed for their salvation. I bet it didn’t work.

Sunday, 31 July 2016, 3:14 pm
  • black lives matter ! that Block of Trash better take a good look around her All lives matter including Pets just think about how many lives she could have taken out. Black Trash ! I am sick of hearing Black Lives Matter she and many others no respect for anyone but themselves.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 4:44 pm
  • Why does it take friggin 18 miles of a HIGH speed pursuit to get someone off the road. Wow is all I can say. I’m glad I wasn’t on the road at the time possibly putting my life at risk. These cops need to watch COPs on tv and take out the vehicle like they do.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 3:28 pm
  • Say cheese!

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 2:39 pm
  • Alexa:

Ya good one,

She thought she was filming another scene in the movie “GOOD BURGER”

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 1:46 pm
  • She’s got a nice set of choppers.
    I’m sure the Federal government bought them for her.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 1:44 pm
  • Make America hate again!!, Quote from Trump ” I love the uneducated” i feel his love for the authors of the above comments.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 12:33 pm
  • what a looney looking b**tch!

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 10:22 am
  • Is that a smile or is it gnashing its teeth

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 9:31 am
  • Don’t understand.No choppers,no dogs?How does Pasco Co do this?The HC Deps would have Swiss cheesed her up with their nines.Must be black privilege…..

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 6:40 am
  • She looks happy.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 6:25 am
  • Clearly another case of Driving While Black. Let’s get Jesse, Al, Barry, Loretta and the BLM down here to look into this clear case of police brutality.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 5:08 am
  • Baker act candidate ! Glad the cops were not hurt …. Good job !

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 1:55 am
  • Pasco needs to get some better quality body cameras. Looked like I was watching a home movie from the 90’s.

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 12:30 am
  • What a low life piece of (black lives matter) NOT only the MEN IN BLUE will be coming for you

Friday, 29 July 2016, 10:24 pm
  • She looks like Kenan Thompson

Friday, 29 July 2016, 8:55 pm
  • I wonder how many lives this dumb bitch jeopardized?

Friday, 29 July 2016, 8:49 pm
  • Bet Ms.Cooper has a fear of racist cops. She learned that from the Black Life’s Matter Crew and the president. You know “all cops are bad”.
    Would have been so easy if she stopped and obeyed the law.
    What a world we live in. Sad, very Sad!

Friday, 29 July 2016, 8:06 pm
    • HAY BRAIN CHILD THE CAR WAS SPOTTED AFTER 11 AT NIGHT DRIVE ON 19 AND TRY TO PICK OUT A BLACK DRIVER WHILE DRIVING A DUMB A DUMB AFTER AN 18 MILE CHASE THE ONLY REASON MS STUPID IS ALIVE IS BECAUSE OF THE POLICE……………… GREAT JOB GUYS

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 4:33 pm
  • Any officer that felt thier life was in danger n used force should be tested for illegal drugs n steroids. Now. Right now. If a cop feels he needs to use pepper spray or has to tazer a person. Or shoot his weapon. Drug test. Like any other job. Get in in a wreck at work. Drug test.

Friday, 29 July 2016, 7:40 pm
    • Another cop hater huh?

Saturday, 30 July 2016, 4:06 pm
  • Another one of those poor black lives matter people?

Friday, 29 July 2016, 7:26 pm