Homicide Investigation Underway in Death of Lacoochee Woman

RIDGE MANOR – On Sunday the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office announced the discovery of a woman’s body in the Richloam Wildlife Management Area.

Officials have now confirmed the identity of the victim as 28-year-old Robin Patterson of Lacoochee and that she was the victim of a “violent homicide.”

According to reports, a passerby discovered Patterson’s body lying near a wood line about a quarter mile south of Cortez Blvd on Burwell Road.

Investigators are asking anyone with information regarding this case to contact Detective Tom Breedlove at 352-754-6830 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-TIPS (8477).

homicide

Comments
  • I wonder if this women was at the convenience store around the corner. They do have video surveillance. I believe they are open all night and where else could she have been coming from at night.

Saturday, 4 February 2017, 7:46 pm
  • Oh yeah, Tampa bus service , free activities, better health care system

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 7:38 pm
  • David, this happened in RIDGE MANOR not spring hill. New set of statistics please.
    Tampa – jobs, infrastructure,

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 7:35 pm
  • Sorry this would happen to anyone but as for tampa being better it has a crime rate of 30 per 1000 that is 11,072 annual spring hill has 24 per 1000 that is 2,410 annual. Say again how tampa is better.

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 7:05 pm
  • LawDawg, boy did you pick the wrong place to get away from violence & police corruption. I came from Tampa 20 years ago. Worst move I ever made. I’ll be ecstatic to get home to Tampa when I get rid of house I bought here. I wish you luck in good old boy land.

Monday, 23 January 2017, 3:11 pm
    • Good riddance, it’s you outsiders that cause the problems.

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 12:31 am
      • CHARLIE, It’s you rednecks that cause the problems. I notice you don’t have enough class, compassion or brains to care about this woman. Probably busy GUZZLING YOUR BEER & RUNNING YOUR DOGS AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD WITH YOUR DRUNK RECNECK FRIENDS. Let’s hope tbis doesn’t happen to someone you know- you’ll be too busy being a redneck to care!!!!!

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 4:57 pm
  • Deepest sympathy for family hopefully they will get some closure in this case. What is happening in Hernando County I moved up here couple years ago from Tampa to get away from all the violence and police corruption in Tampa pretty sure they’ll be able to solve this with all of the technology they have.

Monday, 23 January 2017, 2:38 pm
    • Sir, sorry for your loss, buting home in hernando county. LEO in hernando is crooked, crooked, crooked. Look into Deputy George of the sheriffs office. That guy is just the tip of the iceberg. Been here 28 years and the last five years LEO in this area has gone from bad to worse to hell.

Monday, 23 January 2017, 9:24 pm
  • You are now at peace. Prayers for your family. I also pray the person or persons responsible for this tragedy step up & give the family closure. No one deserves to be thrown out like roadside trash!! The perpetrators need to ” man up ” & accept the consequences.
    GOD BLESS THE FAMILY & FRIENDS WHO CARED ABOUT THIS WOMAN.

Monday, 23 January 2017, 12:54 pm
  • Very sad way to lose someone, so sorry for her family. I’m sure they will easily find who did this by checking her friends and associates. It takes a real low life to kill someone and dump them on the side of the road.

Monday, 23 January 2017, 12:00 pm