Military Exercises Likely Cause of Recent “Booms” – Iran Vows to Send Warships to Gulf of Mexico

REGIONAL – The sound of loud booms along the Gulf coast of Florida have rattled windows and the nerves of many residents for years. In recent weeks those ground shaking booms have become more frequent and residents are asking why.

According the Department of Defense, the United States Military conducts exercises in in a 200-square mile area, just off the northwest coast of Florida. Tyndall Air Force Base is home to the 325th Fighter Wing and a possible source of the loud booms.

Historically, the exercises have consisted of air-to-air missile tests and sonic booms created when aircraft reach the speed of sound. Some aircraft reach speeds between 1,300 and nearly 1,900 mph. The sound barrier is broken at only 750 mph.

Another possible source of the loud booms could be Navy bomb training at the Pinecastle Range located in the Ocala National Forest.

IRAN:

In a statement Khansadi said, “Our fleet of warships will be sent to the Atlantic Ocean in the near future and will visit one of the friendly states in South America and the Gulf of Mexico.”

Khanzadi’s declaration is in response to U.S. vessels being present in the Persian Gulf.

Although a likely cause for the loud booms, the military will not confirm when or where exercises take place. If they are indeed caused by missile tests and sonic booms, the question is whether the increased frequency is to display a show of force, as Iranian warships head towards the region.

It should be noted that CENTCOM, U.S. Central Command, is located in Tampa at MacDill Air Force Base.

Comments
  • I just heard one today it scared the ship out of me my whole house shook I thought something blow up outside of my house there has to be an explanation for what is causing this they are just not telling us which is b.s and if it is the military it is b.s to allow us to stay in fear of what is going to happen

Saturday, 9 December 2017, 2:31 pm
    • Trump needs to go😾 I never heard none of this before

Saturday, 9 December 2017, 9:54 pm
      • Really? I’m happy we have a President who stands up for this country instead of a coward. If it comes to warm then let it be so..

Wednesday, 20 December 2017, 7:29 pm
      • It used to happen years ago from what ive heard

Thursday, 28 December 2017, 9:57 pm
  • Korea. They are training for Korea

Friday, 1 December 2017, 4:25 pm
    • I heard one today in Hudson also. Around 11am.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 10:24 pm
    • I agree…

Wednesday, 20 December 2017, 7:30 pm
  • Heard last week and again today in Hudson. This time shook the house and rattled the windows. Both times, several minutes (not immediately after) my ears started ringing. Dogs going ballistic.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 11:29 am
  • who do I sue my Tiffany Jack in the Pulpit vase was rattled….JIP glass matters…

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 7:52 pm
  • I heard it today between2 pm and 4 pm

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 6:38 pm
  • I AM HEARING BLASTING RIGHT NOW ON BARCLAY 🙁

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 3:33 pm
  • One day their will be war in the US

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 3:14 pm
    • There gonna have an “accidental” misfire and destroy us all!!!

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 12:33 am
  • I HAVE MANY FRIENDS ON THE BEACH AND THEY HEAR NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY IS IT THE FURTHUR INSHORE THE LOUDER THE BOOM ?????????? CEMAX ?????????

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 1:26 pm
    • At enzo they live on pine island where??? My house is rumbling now you know nothing about military firing from ships to the ocala national forest from hundres of miles away….I grew up on nuclear weapons station in goose creek s.c. The military men a women would agree we know the sounds a how it feels wow theres some more …..Also depending on the wind you will hear more or less. Cemex not a chance

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 3:33 pm
      • I work in Barclay area, I hear them now. I live off 19, and never hear them. So I dont see how his statement deserved on you bringing up what Enzo may or may not know. Did you just want to tell everyone all this info about yourself that nobody real cares about?

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 10:53 am
        • So what makes you think anyone cares about what you say?? IT is still free speech, just because someone has an opinion, doesn’t make them wrong. P.s. ricky, how’s Lucy?? “Walking dead” good show, lmbo

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 6:44 pm
      • DEAR ??????? I HAVE A MULTITUDE OF FRIENDS IN HERNANDO BEACH TIMPER PINES AND HERITAGE PINES , and they hear nothing !! Also I did 2 tours in Nam and I am familiar with the sounds of war !! However I do thank you for your expertise I am sure you are far more intelligent than I am !!!!!!!!!!!! I mean just look at all those big werds you use 🙂

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 12:24 pm
        • Thank you for your service Enzo.
          People, STOP with the name calling, error corrections etc. We need to be United. If I were in an emergency and needed help, my first response would not be “Can you spell? I would be saying, please help me”
          I am so tired of the childish behavior from the “adults” in our “civilized society” today.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 6:46 am
      • hooya NUKES

Thursday, 28 December 2017, 9:59 pm
  • I just said to my wife yesterday several times did you hear that did you hear that she thought it was trucks or something and I’m like to know that sounds like Sonic booms and that was on Tuesday that I heard them several times

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 11:49 am
  • Give me a break. That’s not even believable. Iran has vintage ships at best and in small numbers compared to ours. Still running on diesel powered turbines. They still have no nuclear capabilities. It’s like a squirrel taking on a tyranasaurus.

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 11:02 am
  • From the spelling/grammar errors I’d say we need more TEACHERS. We won’t mention names but you are what’s wrong with America. Brawn and no brain does not win battles. I bet if you were faced with the enemy you’d be running to join your buddies who don’t have brains either.

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 8:28 am
    • R u kidding me = Well you are a real jackass!!

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 12:31 pm
      • VET = SPOT ON MY BROTHER

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 2:23 pm
    • Lol you must be referring to me…
      My apologies for my missed spelling
      It was to early in the morning.
      Your comment is totally off, you will be one of the ones who run and hide when the sh_t hits the fan… Which is ok
      May your pencil be strong enough to protect you in this case cause any of us who will be willing protect our shores will still look at you as a piece of sh_t that you really are! Good luck….

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 11:49 am
  • I don’t want to see this for all of you who think this would be good remember you have love ones that could get hurt . I was in Vietnam Nam it’s not a good thing . Buy if they start some thing we need to finish it . And not let this go on . I just hope this never happens.

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 7:45 am
  • IRAN a country that we should have reconstructed back in the late seventies, well its not to late.

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 4:32 am
  • Bring them on over, we could use some more artificial reefs in the Gulf.

Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 1:51 am
  • They think they’re going to frighten us with a handful of 1500 ton frigates they have under construction? Iran. What a joke.

Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 11:40 pm
  • Lmao sig…im prior army special forces and would love to see that happen….Those idiots have no idea what we have for them.

Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 10:47 pm
  • Dream on tough guy.

Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 10:41 pm
  • “Recent tensions between Iran and the United States prompted a warning from Iran’s Navy Commander, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, that he plans to send warships to the Gulf of Mexico.”
    Hmm hope for a florida invasion, were we have more weapons per square mile then they have in ther hole country… Bring it bitches!

Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 9:59 pm