Mother Claims Boyfriend “Murdered” Their Son, Investigation into Infant’s Death Underway

SPRING HILL – On Wednesday, RNRF broke the news of an infant found unresponsive inside an apartment on Omaha Circle. Paramedics responded to 8325 Omaha Circle around 4:30 p.m. where they discovered the child’s lifeless body and transported him to a local hospital for immediate treatment. Sadly, 2-month old Miles Luke Anchondo Jr. passed away less than 24-hours later from an undisclosed or undetermined cause of death.

Over the last few days, RNRF received numerous tips from neighbors and acquaintances of the parents, Jessica Velez, 26, and Miles Luke Anchondo Sr., 25, making various accusations against the parents, and stating the victim did not drown.

Jessica Velez contacted RNRF last night and provided a full statement as to what she believes happened to her son, and she says, “My boyfriend murdered my son.”

Velez works full-time as a dog groomer and Anchondo would stay home and watch their son while she worked. Velez says Anchondo was “lazy” and didn’t want to work. She also claims that Anchondo had an anger problem and would often verbally abuse her.

Velez didn’t suspect foul play until detectives began asking questions about child’s death and that’s when she says investigators revealed their suspicions about her boyfriend’s involvement. Velez says during an interview with Detectives, Anchondo admitted to “banging the child’s head twice and dropping him on the ground.” Doctors told Velez that her son had a blood clot and fluid in the brain, and that is what they believe led to his death, according to Velez.

Velez says when Detectives asked Anchondo why he didn’t call 911, he said “I didn’t think it was a big deal.”

Officials are waiting on autopsy results before deciding to file charges against the father, says Velez, but she believes they will.

Anchondo is believed to be staying with his mother in Wesley Chapel.

Velez says she is going to have her son cremated and keep his remains with her at all times.

Officials have yet to release a statement regarding the infant’s death.

RNRF will continue to bring more on this story as it develops.

CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL REPORT

Comments
  • I am so upset I am a family member who never met the baby but Justice for the baby. I am in tears and working on a social website to keeping great memories alive. Feel free and join Facesbyplaces.com in 2018 I can not stop thinking that no one had a clue this Monster would kill his own son. I hope he serves life in prison. Once in prison others will know that he was a baby killer and get Justice….thank you for allowing me to express my broken Heart. I will remember you little baby always…..your cousin Richie

Wednesday, 26 July 2017, 2:53 pm
  • Wondering where the ignorant loud mouth “Get a real job” is….*crickets chirping*

Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 2:17 pm
  • Unfortunately this is our society today, the headlines are full of the boyfriends abusing infants and young children(yes before you say it it, not just the boyfriends, most times though) A solution I fear is not in sight as our welfare system makes it too easy for babies to have babies and the mental cases to breed. I don’t know if a mandatory parenting class and domestic violence regarding children education class would help but we have to start somewhere. Having a child should not be a right, without commitment to protect them. Many people want children and can’t have them. Part of me wants to kick the boyfriends arse, but I know that wouldn’t be the right thing either. I know your momma must be proud, NOT!!! Karma will prevail. R.I.P little one.

Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 12:52 pm
  • Where do all these sin free perfect never made a wrong choice or mistake people live Spring hill? You should all hold parenting and marriage classes for us. Beyond this specific incident….. All I seem to read on here are comments on how wrong everyone is. I by no means am I condoning poor behavior. Law breaking. It just seems everyone is throwing stones in their glass house. We all have values and standards but which ones we find most important can and are different to each individual. I am sure if every decision you have made in your life were put on public display you too would face ridicule. (Broken marriage? Government support? Drinking? Smoking? Spanking? Yelling? Lieing? Cheating? Judging others?)
    We are all a product of our environment. We are who we are because of you (society, our community and surroundings) not inspite of you! I am not sticking up for any specific individuals, I just think we should take some ownership as to why the world around us is turning into such a dirty place to be. Just smh and sad with life. Please don’t attack my statement. I just don’t think we should add to the pain and hurt in the world. I do the best I can everyday for that day…..tomorrow I start over and try to do better again. Some days go better then others. Yes I know better but I slip up and make mistakes. Sorry. I’ll try again tomorrow. Some of us just aren’t born with the gift of always getting it right. Lucky you if you are.

Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 10:18 am

Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 10:15 am
  • How cone there was nothing about this In the news?

Monday, 24 July 2017, 10:48 pm
  • What the Hell is wrong with this woman. Bite marks on the baby’s face?, black eye and she never notified authorities?? She is as responsible as him!!!

Monday, 24 July 2017, 9:20 pm
  • My guess is he probably died from “Baby Shaken Syndrome” .

Monday, 24 July 2017, 8:13 pm
  • you mean they did not arrest him knowing that he said he did it. He is long gone. Shame on you. What a beautiful baby. Their are mothers who would love to have this child.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 7:41 pm
  • The trouble this young woman got herself into for not knowing what the bible says about a lazy man. The bible teaches that a lazy man is to be by himself. A lazy man is not to have a woman. A lazy man has nothing to offer a woman, but his strength. She broke every rule in God’s manual. If she only knew what she was getting herself into. This is why I teach the females in my family what a real man is so they know what to look for in a male. A real man protects everything under his care. A real man cultivates everything under his care and increases her value. A real man manages everything under his care and makes it grow. Ooooh boy, I could be here all day. The youth is in crisis.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 5:49 pm
  • This is awful, I pray for Justice for Miles and that his soul may forever live in peace. There is nothing more beautiful than holding your baby in your arms and watching their eyes as they learn to gaze back at yours…to hear the sounds they make and to feel their warmth…to watch them as they learn to walk as they look back at you for guidance and safety. Miles only needed love and tenderness and I hope that this man never walks free again…

R.I.P Miles, The lord will be there for you now and you never have to feel pain again.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 3:42 pm
  • hope you both rot in HELL !!!!

Monday, 24 July 2017, 1:48 pm
  • that poor gorgeous baby boy…

Monday, 24 July 2017, 12:16 pm
  • He looks like a punk bitch.

Monday, 24 July 2017, 11:38 am
  • rip Lil angel ?to people that’s here commenting nothing but stupidness have some respect that’s my cousin more like a sister to me baby nobody here knows her pain she always cared for her baby she was working to support her son is her first baby and I know how carefully she is w kids because she loved my daughter wen I had her she always like to dress her changed her play w her she always wanted a baby and wen she found out she was finally pregnant for the first time she was more then happy she had all the baby stuff ready before he came to the world she was very in love w her Lil angel so please stop saying unesesary things she goin tru the worst moment of her life she trusted her baby father w out knowing he will kill his own kid

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:44 pm
  • Just curious if the Mother knew he was lazy and abusive….Why did she have his child? They should both be charged as previously stated.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:43 pm
    • stfu she was supporting her families w out knowing she had her enemy living in her house she dintt kne he was capable of hurting his own kid so keep ur stupid comments to ur self and respect my cousin pain

Monday, 24 July 2017, 4:09 pm
  • As a mother you put your babies first. They both need to be charged for child neglect. If she knew there were bruises or anything wrong she should have protected her child. Thats what she was there for. Im sorry lil angel?

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:15 pm
  • She’s not on to the next guy you idiot!!!! And yes she should have dumped this worthless dude long long ago!!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 9:46 pm
  • Sleep in peace beautiful angel… trust that the cruel man will pay greatly for what he has done

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 8:45 pm
  • rip baby mills??
    and Paul that’s my cousin baby she not w no next guy so stfu and have some respect my cousin going tru her worst moment of her life it was her first baby

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 6:57 pm
  • wheres this person now that left this comment from the original story…

“Get you facts straight. Your sources are false. Don’t post an article until you know the facts. These are parents who loved their child and would do anything to make sure their child is safe and alive. They’d never drown their child. Stop being pathetic and get a real job lennons.”

Where are you now? Still feel smart leaving an ignorant comment? and honestly whats with all these women and guys getting in relationships with fully able bodied people that refuse to work, are abusive, and lack self control. Its never going to end well. These are called warning signs, like warning stay far away.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 6:53 pm
  • So very sad. Really, a 2 month old got this jerk so mad he ‘dropped’ him???? As a total stranger, I’d have babysat him while she worked. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would have volunteered.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 5:32 pm
  • Both should be charged

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:48 pm
  • He may have killed the baby, but she enabled it by letting his injuries go unreported and not getting away.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:28 pm
  • Her responsibility as a mother to protect her child. How as a mother could you not see the signs? I just do not understand people. I don’t see any reason why she would even need this POS. He contributed nothing and murdered her child. Very sad that some women feel the NEED for this in their lives. Always ends in tradegy. My prayers to that innocent baby boy. I hope this man gets what he deserves! I hope this opens up a realization for the mother. Very sad story:(

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:25 pm
  • That poor baby! I knew he didnt drown! RIP CHILD!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:13 pm
  • OMG!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 12:48 pm
  • He was too lazy to work but NOT TOO LAZY TO MAKE BABY !!! Are we SURE he is at his mother’s house ?? After seeing this he’s probably in the wind now. My prayers for the baby. Mom , how I wish you had paid attention to the signs of abuse and had baby che ked out in the beginning.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 12:29 pm
  • Good Lord. What is wrong with people. What a beautiful little baby. What a lazy pos! First time of him doing anything to my baby he would be gone. Girls. You don’t need men like this in your life. The fact he didn’t want to work should have been enough for her to leave!! Now sadly for the baby its too late for that!!! Throw away the key on this one!!!!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:53 am
  • the baby is 2 months on and she is already on the next guy, what did she think would happen????

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:43 am
    • Really? Blame the mom? Maybe You should read this again. This is the baby’s father.

Besides, if it weren’t it wouldn’t matter. No man should beat an infant, ever, regardless if it is your own blood or not!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:21 pm
    • How is she on to the next guy when clearly it states the baby is a Jr…..and his father is the one who did this and the person she was with? Reading is fundamental!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 1:58 pm
    • The article says “their son” in which case I think it’s safe to assume that the baby is his also. I’m sure we will find out more later.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 3:28 pm
    • A new guy?…she has been with the same guy for years now so stfu and mind ya buisness!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 3:56 pm
    • Are you a idiot ? Stfu and mind your buisness because this was the baby’s dad and she has been with him for years now they just never got married so know before you talk

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 3:57 pm
    • Wait, so that justifies it? She could sleep with the entire Spring Hood, doesn’t justify a murdered baby!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 4:31 pm
    • What are you talking about? That is babies father and boyfriend of hers.
      People always making stories up.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 5:08 pm
    • The baby is his, isn’t it?

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 5:19 pm
    • that’s my cousin baby have some respect she not w no next nigga she going tru her worst moment of her life so stfu and respect her pain

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:54 pm
  • If I saw ANY bruises and bite marks on my TWO month old baby I would immediately call the police. Im sorry but if she acknowledged noticing this and never got suspicious, maybe he wasnt the only one causing them. Either way, this is a sad situation. A newborn lost his life.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:32 am
  • Dear Lord! There are no words. How could he do this? Stone him.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:14 am
  • This makes me ill,this so called mother needs to be hung just like the boyfriend. Your 2 month old has bite marks and bruises and you dont leave for his safety.they both are guilty as far as l am concerned. This baby is in Heaven and the parents will go to hell !

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 11:12 am
  • Well if this is the truth or even close to the truth, you both should pay for your son’s death. Bruises, bite marks and black eyes don’t “just happen” to a 2 month old. If you had any suspicions you immediately should have gotten out of there. Deep down you had to know this was not good. Now the both of you will have to live with this for the rest of your lives. Rest Easy little man. No one can ever hurt you again.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:58 am
  • Prayers for the baby R.I.P.

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:55 am
  • She is as much to blame as the POS father. She didn’t act on the odd injuries a 2 month old had. Bite marks on his face????? He did that to himself?????? She should be held accountable also. Poor baby.. So sad. But what kind of life was he facing . So sad to think……Blessings to this new little angel 🙁

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:54 am
  • “Velez tells RNRF that she noticed bruises on her son’s forehead, bite marks on his face, and a black eye in the weeks prior to her son’s death. Anchondo would just “make excuses” whenever she asked about the injuries, says Velez.”

And yet, she didn’t contact authorities? She should be charged as an accessory!

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:48 am
  • Both parents should be held accountable. The father by admission and the mother for failing to do something about the abuse she saw. I would call the parents losers but in this case the child was the loser

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:31 am
  • Wth the mother seen bruises and bite marks on her baby before this happened and didn’t report him and get him out of that apartment! She’s just ad guilty as her boyfriend. They both murdered that baby. Lock her up too. Freaking dirtbags…

Sunday, 23 July 2017, 10:25 am