Woman Accused of Stalking, Threatening School Superintendent, Sings, “She’ll be coming around the mountain” in Front of Her Residence

SPRING HILL – Hernando County School Superintendent Dr. Lori Romano is no stranger to condemnation but sometimes people allow their disdain for the embattled school official get the best of them.

According to a petition filed by Romano on December 4th, a feud between her neighbor, Lainez Italia, reached the point of Italia being accused of stalking and threatening Romano.

Romano states in a petition for a restraining order, that between July 31st and December 2nd of this year, Lainez harassed, stalked, and threatened her. Lainez and Romano live directly across from each other on Twinberry Drive, inside the gated community, Pristine Place.

Romano alleges that Lainez repeatedly gives her the finger and yells profanities, whenever she comes and goes from her residence. Romano says Lainez does the same thing in front of her 8-year-old daughter.

On more than one occasion, Romano says Lainez would bring her dog to the corner of her driveway and let it urinate while Romano and her husband stand just a few feet away.

On October 13th, while sitting with a neighbor, Romano says Lainez walked back and forth in front of her residence singing, “She’ll be coming around the mountain when she comes. . .”

On November 6th, Romano says while driving in the neighborhood, Lainez swerved and attempted to hit her head-on, forcing Romano to drive off the roadway. Romano’s daughter was inside the car at the time of incident.

On December 2nd, Romano says she and her husband were in their front yard when Lainez came up behind them and stated, “I’ll f*ck you all up, you p*ssy.” Lainez continued to threaten and scream profanities, says Romano.

Romano says many of the incidents were witnessed by another neighbor who lives next to both Romano and Lainez. There may also be surveillance video of the incidents recorded at the neighbor’s  residence.

Romano’s petition also provides information on an incident in which Lainez is accused of threatening to choke a school bus driver.

It should also be noted that Lainez was trespassed from Chocachatti Elementary, where her 9-year-old daughter attended school.

Dr. Romano did not reply to our requests for comment.

Lainez says she cannot comment due to the pending court hearing, which is scheduled for December 21st.

CORRECTION: Our report initially stated that a Sheriff’s Deputy witnessed the incidents. This was in error. The neighbor is not a Sheriff’s Deputy. We apologize for the error.

Comments
  • Any updates from their 12/21/2017 court hearing?

Saturday, 6 January 2018, 8:43 pm
  • Why is that pic different than the one that was originally on this article? Weird….

Friday, 15 December 2017, 9:16 pm
      • Tom, why don’t you identify who the picture is?? My only criticism of your site is you post pictures but never identify what or who is in a picture. For all I know, since the story is about the neighbor causing problems, the picture is of the neighbor not Dr. Romano…since I don’t know her and would have no idea what she looks like. As another example, a few weeks ago a newly sworn in school crossing guard was killed in an auto accident in front of Silverthorne. You posted a picture of the Sheriff with 2 or 3 others that were also just sworn in, but you never identified who the people were. The Sheriff is obvious but we would have no idea who the female in the accident was. Just a thought.

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 11:19 am
    • Let return to the facts:

1. Lainez Italia, has cursed out the HOA president and drove recklessly throughout the housing development

2. cursed out and threatened to choke her daughters bus driver…. All public record!

3. financial/misrepresentation of previous home that went into foreclosure

4. Gross use of profanity and threatening behavior towards other neighbors within the community

And the sad part, is that there is no ownership whatsoever of her/his behavior it’s everyone else doing harm to them!

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 7:31 pm
  • Just goes to show you how much of a bitch she is when she can’t even get along with her neighbors.

Friday, 15 December 2017, 1:35 pm
    • I wish I could remember when we were all humans and tried to help one another. Pettiness, finger pointing and common sense is extinct.

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 8:14 am
  • Tom, why was the picture fire this article changed? Who is this picture of?

Friday, 15 December 2017, 11:47 am
  • Oh and no offense mean’t to any that do………….but you couldn’t pay me to live in these gated communities, what a joke most of em are

Friday, 15 December 2017, 11:37 am
  • Julianna, i don’t know anything about chocachatti, but i’ve been married to a longggggggggggggggggg time teacher and know many more and there’s LOT’S of Jackwagon parents that should be trespassed!!! as for the rest don’t know anything about this but it does suck to get a bad neighbor been there!!!

Friday, 15 December 2017, 11:34 am
  • Freedom of speech will win again…Now if the neighbor was playing the theme from deliverance on a banjo that would be news…

Friday, 15 December 2017, 10:57 am
  • This is why it’s best (these days) to keep interactions with neighbors limited to a friendly wave when passing on the street, and sometimes maybe not that much.

Friday, 15 December 2017, 10:30 am
  • So that’s why Lori Romano is still the school super? Because of one school board member!? Well I’ll tell you ! This woman is a train wreck and I should have gone to court when I went to the school board complaining about Moton elementary school and how my son was suspended every other day .on an IEP and has autism at 5 years old!!!!! The school board refused to let me send him to another school, and Romano never after repeated requests to call me back …or set up a meeting with her… hell, I never even knew what she looked like till this article.. This whole school board needs to be fired and send them on their way. And she needs to be put on an island by herself and see what it’s like to defend for herself.like I’ve had to do with my son. .. I’ve never had myself and my child treated like we were the criminals for trying to get my son an Education he deserves!!!! She should be ashamed of herself…

Friday, 15 December 2017, 6:58 am
    • Very important to keep your IEP in place for your child all the time despite whatever hassles you get. Even more important is when your child turns 18 years old there is a Federal Program /State Program called: Vocational Rehabilitation that will save you thousands of dollars and help your child get special training and or a college education. The School District never mentions this…. Stay Strong and immediately go to the Dept. of Education in Tallahassee w/ your concerns / complaints happening w/ your child. Almost 100% of the games from the District will stop as they are afraid of being exposed. However, The State will try at every turn to side w/ the Districts so document everything and keep a journal w/ dates, times, and locations. It will help you stop the games and lack of accountability.

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 10:19 am
  • Two things: with almost everybody having a smartphone, I would expect Ms Romano to have video evidence of some of these events

Second, I know what it’s like to live next to an absolutely crazy neighbor. My previous home was built on a newly paved road, where a reclusive woman and her daughter lived. Another new house was built across the street from mine.

“The crazy lady” would walk past our houses screaming obscenities multiple times a day. She would also throw rocks at our houses and cars, in the middle of the night. We got her on tape threatening to “shoot all of the children on the block”. We also got her on video walking to my other neighbor’s driveway, hiking up her dress and defecating, after which she just “shook her leg” and walked back to her house.

Finally, her daughter showed up at our door in the middle of the night, with blood all over her. She was finally institutionalized and we ended up moving.

Friday, 15 December 2017, 5:58 am
  • Man what a life style, don’t know Lori but from what I have heard from friends, her credibility is a shattered one

Friday, 15 December 2017, 4:49 am
  • She is an excellent actress. I bet this has gone both ways. Lori pushes her buttons, she flips her off and swears at her. Lori uses her position and inside contacts, BOOM, she is now the victim? I think if Lori has the problem with her neighbor, Lori should move. Her neighbor sings, her dog pees, and she walks on the sidewalk in front of her house, flips her off and swears at her. WOW reason to call the police. Yet we have people out there get abused by their spouses and they can’t get a restraining order but she can. For everything you have accused her of doing I bet you have done the same. I suggest you go apply for a position elsewhere. You have abused your power in Hernando County and the people have had it and are now becoming much more vocal. Lori I salute you, with my middle finger!

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 10:02 pm
  • She’s making a lot of accusations but she has no evidence right? Come on lady. It’s 2017 if your neighbor really is doing all of this, then pull your phone out and start recording. Otherwise it’s all he said she said.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 9:10 pm
    • I have pictures of neighbor trespassing on my property AFTER THEY RECEIVED A TRESPASS NITICE FROM SHERIFF’S DEPT. Deputy claimed state attorney’s office refused to prosecute !!!! No one at state attorney’s office spoke/texted with deputy!!!!! Their dogs have been loose on street and my property while deputies ( plural ) – nothing done about that either!!! False report filed by neighbor about kidnapped cat held hostage by me!!!!! No repercussions for filing false report!!!!! IT’S WHO YOU KNOW HERE NOT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE.

Friday, 15 December 2017, 7:49 am
  • WOW, these comments. Time to go do some research.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:42 pm
  • Maybe Ms. Lainez is off her meds

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 7:34 pm
  • Seriously?? Lori is a pathetic whimp! Dogs pee and poop in my driveway and lawn, run loose, been called names and nothing done. She probably drove her to it. Well the ” stalker” smh probably will have to move, she could try out for AMERICAN IDOL, that will teach the super. Who’s GUS WHY IS HIS HANDS IN HER PANTIES?? LMBO Definitely a clusterf $$$! If a deputy saw it, why didn’t he/she do something then. Or maybe busy with their hand in their own pants??

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 7:19 pm
    • Gus is the only school board member who gave her a perfect evaluation. She’s got the grub on that man and he knows it. This is why she was granted another four years, even with her past in Martin County, FL. I’m not sure if her husband, Timothy works at the school district like he did in Martin County.

“I vehemently deny every allegation submitted by Lori Romano, who I believe is disgruntled with the district due to the fact that her husband, Mr. Romano, has lost yet another position at yet another school district. His wife’s allegations are false, unfounded, inaccurate, baseless and unjustified. This is nothing more than yet another desperate attempt to discredit district staff and me prior to the elections.”

This is her husband, Tim Romano.

Glenallen principal resigns over falsified resume – News – Sarasota …
      Mar 20, 2007 – A background check did not reveal discrepancies in the resume Tim Romano sent to the Sarasota County School District. … Tim Romano had been accused of physically abusing a student when he was a principal in Virginia. … Just days after Sarasota County school officials learned of this http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/LK/20070320/News/605205742/SH/

There’s a lot of dirt out there if you just look. Did Hernando County check these people out? If I can find this stuff, they should have been able to.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:07 pm
      • Let return to the facts:

3. financial/misrepresentation of previous home that went into foreclosure

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 7:33 pm
    • Tim has also been in trouble for falsifying his resume and this is why they ended up here instead of in Sarasota County. It’s probably the reason Lori was not selected for the other district she recently applied for. She’s not liked by a lot of professionals, parents, and people in general and she knows it.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:11 pm
    • Here’s his resume, that is falsified. https://www.visualcv.com/timothyromano

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:14 pm
      • Let return to the facts:

3. financial/misrepresentation of previous home that went into foreclosure

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 7:40 pm
    • Timothy Romano is a teacher at River Ridge Middle School located in New Port Richey, Florida and part of Pasco County School District.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:17 pm
  • Put boxing gloves on both of them and make them go 10 rounds. I’d pay (for charity) to see it.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:54 pm
    • My money would be on the so called stalker! ” float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. 😴😴

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 7:27 pm
  • I’m surprised she didn’t go for a restraining order against the dog. I’m sure the dog doesn’t pee on command. That part just struck me as funny as all get out. This is horrible that Lori would stoop this low. If she can’t take the heat, get the heck out of the county. Your time here is over.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:44 pm
    • Let see if your company and your clients know about your behavior and the gross misrepresentation of yourself to your ALL your IT clients…. Let’s see if they don’t dump you for one of the younger salesman.

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 7:39 pm
  • I’m glad my kids don’t go to Chocachatti Elementary. They like to trespass parents. I have never heard of this until we came here. Who does that? I mean really? What kind of school does something like that?

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:38 pm
  • Maybe Gus can run to her aid since he’s in her pants. Just saying.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:31 pm
    • You got that right.
      Gus Guadagnino Awwww beautiful ladies

1 · September 21 at 7:07pm

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:48 pm
      • Gus needs his eyes checked, could be cataracts clouding his vision, she is not all that! 😈

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 7:33 pm
      • The only thing you have right is if you “just look” you can find a lot of dirt! So to that end, here’s what we found…..
        We well let the public decide which lady is beautiful. Not sure anyone would want to touch your “pop start”

Sunday, 17 December 2017, 7:41 pm
  • If this is granted, does that mean that the neighbor cannot live in her home, if the home is within a certain distance from Romano’s home? Remember the courts did this to an elderly man in Hernando Beach, and he had to leave the home he paid for!! When I went for one I was told there had to be violence, three times, not just words. Why did the deputy who supposedly witnessed this not do something? Oh that’s right. Nothing illegal was done towards the wimpy stupidintendent. It is a case of who you blow I mean know around here.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:26 pm
  • So let me get this right. A deputy witnessed these things and nothing was done at the time? This makes no sense as to why this witch is wasting court time or any more of the taxpayers money. The average Joe Blow would not be allowed to take this as far as the witch has.
    No worries of the deputies names or location. It’s clearly stated on the property appraisers site as to who is exempt from public records. Not only is there one next door, there is a deputy or firefighter who lives behind her.
    The witch needs to grow up. I can go back and forth on PUBLIC property (the street) and sing all I want. Seems to me that the witch needs to get her panties out of a wad.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 5:48 pm
    • I am NOT the woman who this witch is targeting.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 6:04 pm
  • WOW

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 5:44 pm
  • What the heck is wrong with people? Too much time wasted on anger. Grow up Ms. L.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 5:41 pm
  • It’s something in the water I tell you! Everybody knows there are no mountains in Florida.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 5:16 pm
  • This is the same problem I have been having for over a year and all I get from hcso is lip service. Guess it IS WHO YOU KNOW that gets you attention. A neighbor has called me f###n c##t, f##n bit##, etc. Constantly runs his dogs over my property, and kids from neighborhood. I’ve been threatened by a 14 y.o. WHILE THE MOM STOOD THERE that they were going to f##k me up , f##k me up bad. THIS PROVES IT IS WHO YOU KNOW IN THIS COUNTY that you can get help and not be tagged as a troublemaker or crazy or overly sensitive, etc. DAMN IT MUST BE NICE – I WOULDN’T KNOW!!!! WHY ARE YOU NOT TAGGED AS THE ABOVE WHILE I AM?? BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN A BETTER NEIGHBORHOOD? OR NEAR A COP?? OR ARE A FRIENDTO SOMEONE IN HCSO??

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 5:01 pm
  • You wanted gated. You got it. Just not what you thought. May the chalk be with them.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 4:56 pm
    • yup, never know whos going to be in the pond with you. maybe she should put up a big fence to block the view, oh wait she cant bc shes paying so some one else can dictate what she can and cant do with her own property. Sounds like a super sweet deal, count me out.

Saturday, 16 December 2017, 2:30 pm
  • Tom Gibbs who lives on Highfield Road gives the finger to most who pass his house. He bangs around at 11pm, lights fires and burns trash at 10pm, according to the sheriffs office it’s OK. He also brags that he has the Sheriff and the commissioners in his back pocket, It’s not what you know in this county as It’s WHO you know or WHO you are PAYING.

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 4:51 pm
    • Herman Weinstein that is not true. Tom is the most friendliest person I know. He always waves at everyone that passes by his house. Its easy to use a fake name and tell lies to slander your neighbors. Remember the truth always comes out.

Friday, 2 February 2018, 7:30 pm
  • Wow guess my neighbors trash can color is mute compared to this i’ll just be nice and close my blinds . LOL

Thursday, 14 December 2017, 4:40 pm