Deputy Finds Toddler Wandering Near Busy Intersection, Parents, Babysitters Nowhere in Sight

UPDATE: 7/6/2017, 10:23 P.M. – Due to the fluid circumstances surrounding yesterday’s incident on Mallard Street, Officials have now provided a more accurate explanation of the events that took place. According to HCSO Spokesperson Michael Terry, the child was left in the care of an uncle who was staying at the residence. The uncle decided to leave the child in the care of his mother who lives down the street, while he made a trip the store. The uncle’s mother then decided to leave the child alone after she fell asleep to walk back to her home for cigarettes and water. That’s when the child woke up and walked outside. The person responsible for watching the child did not return until approximately 20 minutes after law enforcement located the child. The woman responsible for watching the child is presumed to be the same person we approached and asked if she knew the child, but that has not been confirmed.

Officials say the Department of Children and Families has been notified and the incident has also been turned over to the State Attorney’s Office to investigate for possible criminal charges.

SPRING HILL – A Hernando County Sheriff’s Deputy on routine patrol in the area of Mallard Street and Deltona Blvd happened upon a young toddler wandering alone outside a residence.

Sources tell RNRF that a deputy noticed the little girl in the yard of 9395 Mallard Street, surrounded by rusty sheet metal, several broken down vehicles and trash strewn throughout the tall uncut grass.

Deputies tried to make contact with the residents inside the home but no one responded to their numerous announcements. About 30 minutes into the call, I asked a neighbor if she knew the child and the whereabouts of her parents, and she said “yes.” She proceeded to call the parents and then made contact with deputies.

During the hour-long investigation, several vehicles arrived on scene and the child was handed back and forth to different unknown individuals. It was clear by some of their actions that our presence was not welcome, as displayed by the hand gesture pictured below.

We spoke to Sheriff’s Office Spokesperson Michael Terry who said, “the Parents were working in Citrus County and left the child with a babysitter. The babysitter had to leave, so she took the child a few houses down to [her] mother’s house.” Terry further stated, “The babysitter’s mother placed the child down for a nap but she woke up left the house without her knowledge.” Terry says the woman was out looking for the child when deputies arrived on scene, however, RNRF was on scene within seconds of the call and we didn’t notice anyone searching for the child and neither did several deputies.” There were also no reports to 911 of a missing toddler during the entire incident.

I asked Terry if the Department of Children and Families would be called to investigate the incident but he said, “since it did not involve the parents, rather the babysitter, the incident would not be reported to DCF.”

There are no further details available at this time.

Comments
  • I’m pissed that I’m pictured and a bunch of people that know me have asked me what was going on. I’ve asked repeatedly for rnrf to remove the picture of me. I’m a neighbor from down the street and was just stopping by to get my stuff left at the 4th of July cookout that the block had. Once I got there I checked to see if they needed help with the kids because they were sitting outside in the heat. I’ve repeatedly asked for my photo to be removed.

Wednesday, 26 July 2017, 11:23 pm
  • I spoke with God on Sunday, he said that he also thought those shorts were too tight!

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 8:14 am
  • The majority of the posts on this thread are from people who have nothing better to do than read the news and attack with such a malicious and insulting demeanor. I truly pity you judgmental people. I am not in any way saying that I condone the actions of the people involved in this sad situation…do not twist my words when you attack me on this thread. When each of you has lived an absolutely perfect life and have never done anything wrong in any way…then you may judge others…but you’re not God and neither am I. You do remember him right? Judge not your fellow man?

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 12:27 pm
  • Wow, Sounds like a good Lifetime TV Movie episode, Lights Camera Action.

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 8:33 pm
  • Geez, I’m just praying for that innocent little child. Wow, please focus. I’m praying the baby gets justice and gets the safe environment she deserves.

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 7:58 pm
  • @Outlaw, go pound sand. Freedom of speech lives on:) so does crazy people like you. Without debate, one cannot possibly be educated, take notes:)

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 6:49 pm
  • Smoking while carrying a child?!!! Does he need a cigarette that bad?!!! White trash!!! I hope dcf stays on their asses!!

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 4:32 pm
  • Disgusting they all look like breeding trash bags that have taken over the area hopefully the child will be removed from the home good job of blowing smoke into her face also waste of air !!!

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 3:50 pm
  • WOW…i have never thought of this until seeing these photos…Mop Bucket lawn ornaments…

Friday, 7 July 2017, 8:27 pm
    • Your comment did FINALLY make me chuckle. Good one. HOWEVER,IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN OR BABIES AT HOME PLEASE DON’T GET MOP BUCKET LAWN ORNAMENTS. CHILDREN CAN DIE BY DROWNING IN LESS THAN AN INCH ( 1″ ) OF WATER AND BABIES DON’T ALWAYS HAVE COORDINATION ENOUGH TO PUSH OUT OF DEEP BUCKET!!!

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 4:44 pm
  • Worry about you’re own problems and children and lives and STFU none of you Broke Middle class Trump Dick riding supporters have a right to state an opinion on a situation you weren’t involved in. Your fucking comments show that you have no morals or respect for not even yourselves. 99.9% of you clowns are NEVER gonna make it anywhere in life. You lost that chance and thats why you waste your time on this RealFakeNews Website Because your life sucks ass and your Obese and Your kids never did shit with themselves because you never gave them a foundation and now you live the last of your years on this planet belittling other human beings you know nothing about. Your just like the rest of them. See you in Hell. ROTTEN SOUL MOTHERF**kers. ??????

Friday, 7 July 2017, 2:16 pm
    • It’s seems you have not advanced passed the 4th grade. Your brain must be no bigger then a prune pit!
      I will just pick on the first line your wrote, We would not be “Middle Class” if we were Broke!

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 4:47 pm
    • You must be related to this classy bunch of upstanding citizens!!

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 8:33 pm
    • We already made it to middle class….Sounds like we are doing pretty good. Please see a psych Dr. SOON…your rant is like a frog farting in the wind…

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 1:34 pm
  • Trash!!!

Friday, 7 July 2017, 1:57 pm
    • Have a man or we pay forr you?

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 7:36 pm
  • Tom please note she was flicking off her a** that was eating her shorts and not you. You might need a update so they don’t act like it was you she was flicking off. Haha my a** be hungry.

Friday, 7 July 2017, 9:49 am
    • Your probably a big fat hippo, is jimmy hofga in there… Your ass that is ?????????????????????????????

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 7:39 pm
  • Hernando’s finest, people can be indigent and uneducated, that makes no difference to me I understand that not everyone was born on a silver platter; however, flicking the cameras off in front of a child and being dirty by living like your property is a junkyard is inexcusable and only validates people’s opinion from afar, meaning the perception is your “trash”.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 7:51 pm
  • ‘Poor little angel does not stand a chance : ( White Trash at it’s Fines! And Binaca if there was a Black Baby involved then there would not be any Men in the Pictures as she would not know who the baby Daddy is

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 5:20 pm
  • Just noticed the vehicle on left of house. They can afford to jack up vehicle & buy huge tires – but CAN’T AFFORD A DECENT, RESPONSIBLE BABYSITTER????? OR DAY CARE ????? Riding mower looks pretty new too. Now we know why they can’t afford shorts that fit or daycare for lil one or shirt for other child. Obviously finger trash thinks with the wrong part of her anatomy. She’ll be looking like the other two “ladies” soon – beer gut, bounce butt, etc. – so you boys better hurry on over before it’s too late.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 4:23 pm
    • you should see the house…corner of deltona and mallard….vehicles parked everyone…back yard…front yard..side yard…everywhere….code enforcement should inpsect and ticket….gotta be a book load of violations everywhere

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 7:13 pm
      • Turning them in to code enforcement would only create more suffering for the children. It’s pretty obvious that the parents’ first priority is not the children…very sad situation all the way around.

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 8:26 pm
  • Thank God DCF & State attorney are now involved. Uncle was lousy choice for a sitter & second choice sitter could have gotten water where she was & brought cigs WITH her!!! YOU DON’T LEAVE A BABY ALONE PERIOD !!!! DON’T CARE IF THEY FELL ASLEEP OR NOT !!! If a fire had started then what??? Maybe car runs into house then what???? Yes I’ve had my time with children’s care giving ( mine & other kids ) NO I DID NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE . STAYED THERE TAKING CARE OF THEM OR TOOK THEM WITH ME.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 12:05 pm
  • White trash at its finest, you would think these scum would be grateful that the cop found the child before getting hit by a car or abducted, instead flick the bird and show just how “classy” she really is, and the dirty bastard holding the baby while pretty much blowing smoke in her face should be ashamed, not everyone is perfect I certainly am not but these people look like they don’t even care that this is happening to their daughter. So very sad!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 11:30 am
  • Looks like a redneck mansion to me ?

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 11:26 am
  • WEAR SHORTS THAT FIT. BASURA BLANCA ES TODO!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 10:51 am
  • Funny… My ex’s parents were watching her kids, got into a fight and police were called and DCF did a home inspection on us… Think this should be reported to DCF or the next news article maybe that this little girl is hit by a car or missing…

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 9:46 am
  • What a bunch of low lifes……………that poor child in the care of that?? The one with her shorts in the crack of her butt shows no class at all, flipping off anyone who is looking at her, how ugly.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 9:31 am
    • owwwwwwwwwwwch!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 10:53 am
    • I feel bad for those shorts!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 11:38 am
      • ROTFLMAO!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 12:22 pm
      • How do you think the shorts feel? My best guess is they feel wrapped to tight.

Sunday, 9 July 2017, 1:30 pm
  • A toddler put down for a nap unexpectantly wakes up, wanders outside and it becomes a big news event probably because it has never happened before.
    But, we have to try to look on the good side when some horrible event like this takes place. It gives a bunch of people a chance, they likely don’t often get, to pretend, feel and act as if they are superior to someone else.
    As well as giving RNF a chance to get paid running some ads by people’s noses on what looks like must have been a pretty slow news day. Might as well milk everything possible.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 9:26 am
    • Another low intelligent individual . The issue is that the person responsible for watching the child L E F T the house, W E N T down the block to get C I G S. The C H I L D was un-supervised, if that word is not to big for you to understand. What if someone broke in, what if she had started a fire, or one broke out. What if some butt head came tearing down the street… Thats the issue you low IQ’d idiot.

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 4:53 pm
  • must be renters

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 8:53 am
  • looks like something out of deliverance!!!!!!!!!! and no shirt on the other little girl??? WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE NOW A DAYS

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 8:33 am
  • I hope leo returned when parents got home and informed them !!!!! This baby could have been seriously hurt, ABDUCTED, killed. Why did babysitter have to leave????? They all look like drunks and punks. Put down your booze and cell phones, stop watching soap operas and pay attention to the child’s whereabouts!!!!!! To finger broad – if you can shoot the bird then turn around and own it instead of being a coward!!! I wouldn’t leave my trash with these delinquents.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 8:23 am
  • wow trashy all the way around!!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 8:15 am
  • I’m sorry but I’m curious as to what the intention was here for this news article. It’s pretty evident that this article was written for one reason and that was to attempt to humiliate and shame this family. Shame on you all for joining in harshly judging them. I’m sure you are all perfect and think that you can pick and choose which of your shortcomings to offer up as comparable judgement. Because you all just asked for this same public display of harsh judgements and being kicked when down. In world full of followers, y’all are supposed to follow Jesus- not some fool’s lead. And you have all been perfect parents? No parent on earth is perfect. I hope y’all can see your own error in this now. God bless

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 8:00 am
    • You show your lack of intelligence and concern. Those responsible for that child were more interested in cigs and whatever else they craved over the well being of the child. Photos of the house show that they have no decent concern over their living conditions and would rather be slobs and “white trash” than decent living folk.
      The family themselves choose to humilate and shame themselves through their choices and actions.

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 4:50 pm
  • Bit if it was a black baby DCF WOULD HAVE BEEN ON SCENE

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 6:26 am
    • SHUT UP BINACA you are whats wrong with the world! DCF will rake white trash along with black trash like yourself

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 11:35 am
    • If it was a black baby, no one would care!!

Friday, 7 July 2017, 4:18 am
  • I bet he didn’t get those knee holes in his jeans from years of wearing them..#coolguy.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 6:24 am
  • TPT toilet paper trash

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 4:29 am
  • Here is what we have, a bunch of white trash living off the federal government unable to get jobs due to there illiterate behavior. W e haven’t heard the last from these clowns.

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 4:14 am
  • Good reporting RNRF…feel bad for that little girl though, very sad

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 12:08 am
  • Unfortunate but happens

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 11:31 pm
  • I really am at a loss of words. I think…oh, forget it. It’s too late.

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 11:03 pm
  • A cigarette in your mouth while holding a baby, real classy scumbag.
    The whole lot looks like some real winners.

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 10:43 pm
    • Agreed!!

Thursday, 6 July 2017, 12:58 am
  • They should arrest the lady who was supposed to be watching her … that’s nice so no one gets in trouble .. and a toddler could have been killed…

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 10:32 pm
  • What complete trash these people are!!! Disgusting garbage! All of them!

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 10:16 pm
  • Trash, trash and walking breathing trash.

Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 9:58 pm