Homicide Investigation Underway into Infant’s Death, May have Suffered Traumatic Injuries

SPRING HILL – The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a homicide investigation into the death of a one-month old infant that occurred earlier this month.

On June 4th, Fire Rescue responded to 6455 Treehaven Drive, after receiving reports that an infant was not conscious or breathing. According to sources, the child was transported to All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, where he was listed in critical condition. Sadly, the child passed away on June 9th from what unconfirmed reports suggest were traumatic injuries to the head and abdomen.

The Sheriff’s Office could not comment on the case due to the ongoing investigation.

The victim’s parents, Jesse Abney and Justine Vansant could not be reached for comment.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Any update on this?

Saturday, 15 July 2017, 7:03 am
  • Any update on this yet, Tom?

Saturday, 8 July 2017, 9:41 pm
  • What has tom supposedly lied about the only thing I read was facts like child was unresponsive and taken to the hospital. And that there was an investigation going on .

Monday, 26 June 2017, 6:20 pm
  • They never laid on finger on their baby this page is. Tom lemons is and always be a liar. Hernando cops too. Noone knows the real story. But I’ll tell you that I know this family personally and they would neve do anything to hurt that child. Lies lies lies

Saturday, 24 June 2017, 12:14 pm
  • that’s all they gotta do is take a lie detector and that will clear Jesse AND Justine’s mom of all this! any one no if the cops asked them to take it?

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 2:02 pm
    • I guess if it was your business you would know if cops asked them to take it . Actually all the lie detector test does is verify the truth there not 100% accurate and there inadmissible in court in case you don’t know what that means it means CANT be used in court because of the inaccuracy of the test.

Friday, 23 June 2017, 8:50 am
      • But if it can verify that your telling the truth and even if you fail it the court can’t use it against you why not take one? Seems like if your being accused of hurting a baby you can’t really lose by taking one
        Not trying to argue with you but if I’m Justines mom its a win – win or else you got something to hide js

Monday, 26 June 2017, 4:30 am
  • The only fact so far is a baby is dead…But I would not have posted the address for the fact nothing has not been determined in the case yet. To many judgments already!!!!!!!!!.

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 11:55 am
  • With so many people out there like myself and my wife who have wanted a child this just sickens me the world gained another angel I hope his parents are sterilized so they can never have a child again if in fact this is a homicide I did hear about a case out in California where the child had some type of brittle bone disorder and when the parents pick the child up the child with bruised everywhere I’m hoping that this child wasn’t murdered 1 month old my God they barely had time to draw breath

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 9:51 pm
  • Need to contact the “Steve Wilkos Show” and get some answers.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 9:51 pm
    • You’re an idiot to you really think they don’t use lie detectors in hernando county still ? Lmao

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 9:48 am
  • CORRECTION **** I meant to say…it’s NOT ok.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 7:49 pm
  • The story states that Hernando County is conducting a Homocide Investigation, not that they are investigating a death. With that said, Homicide is another term for the killing of one person by another. A homicide investigation is the gathering of evidence in order to determine the perpetrator of the crime. The investigation is conducted to find out the motive of the killer, the circumstances surrounding the murder as well as the identity of the felon. Somebody did the unthinkable by neglect or by devious action either way it’s no ok.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 7:46 pm
    • Wow, thanks for clearing that up for all of us that don’t understand.

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 9:42 am
  • Jesse was a lost soul, who lost both of his parents. All he had was that child, He was so happy about that baby he would never hurt his own. Justines mom on the other hand has barely ever had Justine in her own care, she was present she has access she hates Jesse and Justine. I think she needs to be investigated her self. She has been in trouble with DCF for her own cases I wouldn’t put it past her to hurt the baby.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 6:32 pm
    • THE MOM is a CRACK HO!!!
      She’s on Backpage.
      Old worn out biotch!!

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 7:54 pm
      • Is she the old blown out one that says ” I ain’t got no panties”
        ? I hear she has a 2fer special.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 9:18 pm
    • Justines mother would never hurt a child. I have known her for 36 years, and for you to make that accusation is uncalled for.

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 8:45 am
    • I’ve know Jesse since he was born. I don’t believe he hurt that baby either. Didn’t know all that about her mother. I sure hope the sheriff’s dept knows about all this.

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 9:39 am
  • My heart is breaking! One month old???? This world is going to Hell. I hope there’s more publicity on this story.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 3:59 pm
  • Well I did my own research and the father was in jail in hernando county and nothing came up on mother. So let’s see how this plays out… scum or not I hope n pray I’m wrong and this was just a tragic accident

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 3:21 pm
    • Hospital injured this infant trying to revive him, big pharma and vaccines are what killed this infant, hep b, infant was fine and stable and uninjured prior to arriving at hospital, he was not moving and having trouble breathing , reactions that happen after being given vaccine hep b. It is almost always blamed on sids. 100% sure… Hard to go up against and evil billion dollar industry….. So Sad this world has people in medical field and which are really uneducated people who profit from all of this. Some babies really are abused but just not with this one. The baby went because of breathing issues and hospital injured this poor sweet infant.
      Truth is truth this hospital is to blame!

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 4:33 pm
      • Never heard of this side effect of the Hep B vaccine. Also ME can differentiate between injuries that occur during resuscitation and injuries from specific blows to the body. Let’s see how this rolls out..

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 5:24 pm
      • You are an idiot All Children’s saved my grandson’s life when there was little hope. So to say they did this is stupidity on your part.

Friday, 23 June 2017, 11:53 pm
  • If these parents hurt their 1 month old baby I hope they get the death sentence. How can anyone hurt a defenseless newborn??!!!! Prayers for that baby. So sad my grandson is 3 weeks old and if anyone hurts him they wont need to worry about the cops.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 1:44 pm
    • Maddy that was said PERFECT!!!!!!!!! I pray were wrong and this baby didn’t suffer a painful death at one or both of his parents hands but in this world unfortunately were more often than not right. Baby is in a safer place now God bless him. To the parents……… ROT IN HELL

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 3:15 pm
      • I know the parents very well. They would never do anything to harm their child… If you knew their backstories and anything about them you would know that. This wasn’t a circumstance they could control, and you people are absolutely disgusting for saying what you are saying. They never wanted to loose their child, and they are in more pain than you can imagine. I hope you never have to go through this, because it has to be the worst thing imaginable.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 3:29 pm
        • I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I just looked up Pasco and Hernando jails and he hasn’t been in jail since 2014. Unless he was in jail in some other county ? A lot could happen with newborns. Why don’t we see where the investigation goes. Prayers for that little baby in Heaven <3

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 5:19 pm
        • They need to check Justines mom…

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 5:35 pm
        • Listen People my daughter went through the same thing they ran her name through the gutter put her through hell and found out her baby died of SIDS

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 11:24 pm
      • Grandson is 5 months old and I cannot conceive how somebody could injure or hurt a defenseless little beautiful baby. I would pity the person who ever they are that would hurt one of my children or grandchildren Jen and Maddie I’m with you 100%

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 8:47 pm
    • And they both need to be permanently sterilized to never be able to reproduce.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 3:16 pm
    • the pics on the facebook pages are heartbreaking.

Wednesday, 21 June 2017, 4:04 pm
    • Please don’t believe anything this ***** of RNRF says cause 99% of the time it’s a lie .

Thursday, 22 June 2017, 9:40 pm