Officials Still Not Releasing Identity of Gunman Involved in Fatal Villa Road Shooting, Home Owner a Convicted Felon

SPRING HILL – On November 20th, RNRF broke the news of a fatal shooting that claimed the life of 28-year-old Brad Anthony Scott, after witnesses say an altercation took place between Scott and neighbor, Joseph Correa. (CLICK FOR ORIGINAL REPORT)

10-days after the incident, investigators with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office are still not releasing details of the shooting, including the identity of the alleged gunman.

Despite several witnesses who told RNRF that Joseph Correa is indeed the man responsible for the shooting, Officials still refuse to confirm that information, stating, “In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, I will not be able to release any information at this time.”

Through our own investigation, RNRF discovered that Joseph Correa is a convicted felon out of Suffolk County, New York, and that his rights to possess firearms have not been restored.

According to a recent Hernando County Sheriff’s Office Investigation, conducted on April 26th of this year, Deputies were alerted to reports that Correa possessed numerous firearms in his home and that he frequented Shoot Straight Gun Range in Tampa.

Nearly 10-days after Deputy Darrin Burger began his investigation, he was finally able to confirm that Correa is a convicted felon, and proceeded to make contact with him at his home on Villa Road. Joseph’s wife, Karen Correa showed Dep. Burger a gun collection that is kept in a safe located in the couple’s bedroom. But since Karen showed Dep. Burger a key to the safe that hangs around her neck, he was unable to charge Correa with being in possession of the firearms. Karen Correa is not a convicted felon; therefore, she has the right to possess firearms in the same residence as her husband.

There are several witness accounts as to what actually took place on the night of the shooting, but most witnesses say Joseph and the victim were heard screaming at each other prior to the shooting.

Some speculate that Scott was having a medical episode that led to him banging on the windows or door of the Correa’s home. Others say Scott was attempting to break into the home.

Regardless of what actually happened, officials say the Correa’s were “In fear of their own personal safety” when Scott was shot and killed.

RNRF will continue to follow case and provide more details as they develop.

Comments
  • Hang this scumbag and his pig wife!

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 10:19 pm
  • It’s strange how fast the crime scene yellow tape was taken down…….sort of like a slam shut investigation

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 8:09 am
  • Brian, the neighbor said , they immediately called attorney & that’s how they knew to have him sent in ambulance to hospital & then not checked for residue of gun powder on his hands??& to report she keeps the guns locked in cabinet with key around her neck 24/7…..

Friday, 1 December 2017, 11:40 pm
  • Marjorie Williams, I am so so so very sorry for your loss. As a mother, I can not even imagine your pain, May God give you strength during this most tragic time & may your child RIP. The neighbors said the husband & wife knew to immediately call a Lawyer & the husband requested to be taken to hospital for stress, he was taken away in ambulance & neighbor said he stayed for several days so cops were not able to test for gun shot residue on his hands, so now wife is claiming she shot him bc husband felon . Marjorie , get yourself an attorney & sue their homeowners insurance for wrongful death!! I hope Hernando County police do everything to make sure correct procedures and laws are followed! Why couldn’t the husband & wife stayed in house and called 911!?? It was still light out , the guy didn’t have a weapon??? Why shoot him in the head 3 times after arguing with him they had to se he was have a psychotic break or something?????

Friday, 1 December 2017, 11:36 pm
  • Almost 2 weeks. Sheriff Asshat is making sure all of his deputy’s report match, even if there are lies in them. As long as they all match, he’s good. Do us a favor, step down and let an honest person have your job!!!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 8:46 pm
  • If they want to play the loophole game with the convicted felon isn’t the gun owner then the wife should be arrested for supplying a firearm to a convicted felon.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 12:38 pm
  • Something fishy is going on here. The SO keeping so quiet sure leads one to suspect they’re trying to help the killer. Is he a bubba?

Friday, 1 December 2017, 11:35 am
    • I agree Dan, very fishy. Now I have a question= Tom or anybody, in one of reports I could have sworn I read homeowner yelled racial slurs= Can’t find it now!! 1. Did anyone else read that? 2. If so, why erased? 3. What color was the VICTIM?. Doesn’t matter or does it? This felon has gun collection and goes to a range in Tampa, ILLEGAL!! Should have done a residue test immediately . ANSWER ANYONE???

Friday, 1 December 2017, 1:27 pm
  • If the shooter is an illegal he could just say the gun went off by accident in this sanctuary county thanks.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 8:38 am
  • Something’s not right here as far as WHO fired the weapon. Any time a handgun is fired, whether a revolver or semi-automatic, it leaves powder residue on the shooter’s hand. Every LEO knows or should know this fact. 911 called at 5:15 PM. Sheriff arrives, I assume, shortly thereafter. IF both people were immediately checked for this residue they would instantly know who pulled the trigger.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 7:21 am
  • The subject has already “pleaded out” or should I say set up his defense before he’s been charged! Some slick NY Lawyer has told how to get away with it!!!!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 6:54 am
  • Justice for my little brother Brad Anthony Scott

Friday, 1 December 2017, 6:07 am
  • I am so damn tired of hearing people complain about New Yorkers. If it hadn’t been for the northern contingency this little one-horse town wouldn’t even be a blip on the map as you needed our money to build this dump of a community. I truly believe you all haven’t gotten over the fact that you lost the damn war.
    It truly is pathetic that because of the actions of one mentally deranged person you’re going to hold an entire populous responsible if that be the case, by any chance would your mother and father be brother and sister or maybe first cousins? Because that’s the view that most people have of the Deep South. You better be careful what you wish for because of all of us Northern contingency people pull our money out of this little dump town you all will be going back to Hay farming! Get a grip and while you’re at it remember one thing what the northern Faction has over the southern is called education!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 5:14 am
    • Hey, where smarted down hear. Go pic your nose up their.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 9:14 am
    • Hey …please leave. We never wanted you rude ass New Yorkers to begin with. Our small town used to be a nice quiet place to raise kids and be away from the bullshit.
      In the last 25 years all the rejects from Staten island and Loong Island have flooded our town with the money their goomba parents left them. Oh and let’s not leave out all the state retirees who feel the need to remind us how much money they get from their pension.
      I dont give a rats ass. Ya’ll brought your rude, loud mouthed selves to a place who didnt want you to begin with. You have RUINED our town.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 2:00 pm
      • Spot on! Don’t come down here and bitch! If you don’t like it and all southerners are dumb then go back!

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 2:26 pm
      • Like we said”get an education”..its spelled long island!! Not “loong island”!.. If us northerners weren’t here u idiots wouldn’t have shit in hernando because without our education you wouldnt have businesses etc. To keep this county moving! You cant do much with a 6th grade education!..and we are the ones with big mouths well maybe but at least we still have our teeth in them and a 40yr old new yorker looks like they are 30 instead of a 20yr old floridian looking like your 40!! At least we might make sense with our big mouths but nothing coming out of yours is even understandable except your spit and another tooth!! You wonderful southerners teach your kids to make meth and do it with them thats if you even have your kids still or dcf took them!! Nothing like this shit in new york!! So SHUT THE F__K UP ALREADY AND SAY SOMETHING ORIGINAL AND WITH RELEVANCE!..BTW GO TO THE LIBRARY TO LOOK IT UP!

Monday, 4 December 2017, 6:32 am
      • None of you southerners even have your kids to raise cause dcf took them away from your junkie methhead asses!! Who are you kidding???? Lmao..instead of putting your dumb comments about another state in the same country your in, try and teach your kids how to read if you even have them left and the state didnt take yours too!! Try getting a job instead of putting your moronic comments on this website that has nothing to do with this story of another human being killed no matter where anyone is from!!!

Monday, 4 December 2017, 6:40 am
    • We’d prefer you took your New York ass back there and leave the blip as it was. We don’t give a rat’s ass how you ‘did it up north’ …………take a few wet backs with ya………..y’all come back now ya hear?

Friday, 1 December 2017, 2:56 pm
  • I’m a convicted felon…and I can promise if I’m in fear…you catching two to the dome…….. everyone has a right to protect themselves

Friday, 1 December 2017, 4:08 am
    • protect themselves from someone yelling HELP!! You know how stupid you sound look at you self in the mirror and screaming help then pull a gun on you self and tell me if you fell the same way afterwards

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 1:01 am
  • Why is everyone so surprised?

The sheriff’s office is covering his ass point blank! Tell Al to stop making all these videos and actually solve a crime for once. I see a patern in Hernando county Florida if you’re friends with cops you can get away with anything. Maybe Sheriff Al neinhiss needs to stop harrasing people over MARIJUANA and arrested his do good deputies friend for murder!

Tom, the Hernando county sheriff’s office doesn’t like you or RNRF because of some past incidents So I wouldn’t expect them to answer your questions.

Sheriff Al NEEDS TO GO!!!!

CROOKED ASZ COPS!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 12:27 am
    • The Truth, you are SOOO right about s.o.and covering for their friends. I’ve had first hand experience with their ” good ole boy” friends cover ups.!!!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 10:17 pm
      • They not only cover their friends a#!es they try to intimidate their friends neighbor with threats of arrest bc friends LIE WITH STORIES OF KIDNAPPED ANIMALS THAT NEIGHBOR WON’T GIVE BACK!!!!!! DADDY FRIEND WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO LEAVE WINDOW OPEN FOR ANIMAL TO GET OUT BUT WANTS TO BLAME NEIGHBOR. SEE THEY ARE NOT HARRASING MARIJUANA PEOPLE ALL THE TIME JUST WHEN THEIR FRIENDS DON’T NEED TO BS THEM TO TERRORIZE THE NEIGHBOR AND TRY TO IRRITATE AND INTIMIDATE THE SAME!!!!!

Friday, 1 December 2017, 10:29 pm
  • Just gotta say..if it weren’t for snow birds and NY’s you locals wouldn’t have business to shoplift from. What if the neighbor was trying to break in? Is he from NY too..or local trash? There are assholes everywhere stop bashing northerners. Im sure Tom can tell you most crimes are committed by LOCALS..FACT

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 10:45 pm
    • my brother was from northern Indiana only in Florida to help mother move back to Indiana

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 1:04 am
  • If they know he was the shooter would he not be in jail?? Surely they know that much by now. If they don’t know that much yet I would say it’s pretty lax detective work. This happened 3 doors from a family members house. Spring Hill is getting pretty scary. Glad I don’t live there anymore.

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 9:10 pm
    • Hi my name is Marjorie Williams I am Brad Scott mom the people that kill my son are lieing my son wasnt trying to break n there house.hes had a break down n his mine. We was moving we on had a hour to go when my son was running threw my house saying mama tell this man to leave me alone i ask him what man he said mama the man is over there i didnt see any man .he said mama the man n the black suit.i said brad mommy dont see him .so i told brad to sit down he went to the garage then came running n saying man leave me alone then brad said mama u taking me back home with u right .I said brad why would mommy leave u here u dont know anyone here then he turn to the man that i couldnt see n said man leave my moms house am going with here.so i told brad baby please we will be leaving n a hour please sit down.so he did.so i walk to my bathroom to get some bags n then when i got out side i heard my son saying help me pleaee help me this man n black is trying to take me with him.i scream brad get over here he start knocking on the neighbor window so i drop my bags start running to get him n before i could they kill my son in front of me.i start screaming n running then when i got closer they they shot him again i he went down with the first shot my baby was gone .i believe he was running from the angel of death i heard of only one who can see the man in black is the one hes coming for.my son had just met the man right cross the street of my home because he came n help us to put my baby grand piano on the truck. So i think he was thinking he was going to his house .my son was only asking for help .the people could.had just call the police if they was thinking he was trying to break n .but he wasnt.n i seen n heard him .so someone is lieing on my son. N i hope n pray everyone can leatn from this if someonenis asking you for help Please just call the police dont kill them .A Mother’s Nite Mare

Friday, 1 December 2017, 6:44 am
      • I’m sorry for your loss. I don’t know what happened. But I hope and pray you get justice for your son. Surely they know who did the shooting, sounds like you witnessed it. And why was there a need to shoot more than once? I don’t understand. Seems to me after 10 days the sheriff’s office would either justify it or someone should be in jail. And if someone can answer this, is a felon even allowed to have guns in their house? I would like to know the whole story.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 10:32 am
      • Your story is bizarre.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 6:01 pm
        • Her story is accurate.

Saturday, 2 December 2017, 8:30 am
  • +She probably could not decribe one gun and how to disassemble.
    Pure BS

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 8:36 pm
  • If the Sheriffs office knew that he was a felon and had firearms…(easily verified at Shoot Straight Gun Range, then they were lax in not getting a search warrant and making a raid.

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 8:32 pm
    • I agree.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 10:33 am
  • This is why the Correa family (mom, dad and kids) mysteriously took all social media sites down. I would like to see all of the photos again of her NOT wearing the key around her neck. I’d like to see photo evidence of her doing what they claim. If Joe gets away with murder, there will be an uprising. Joe is well known to be a nasty, vile, mean person. Both he and Karen need to stop with their

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 8:29 pm
    • Nasty, vile and mean is mild to say the least. Have know these 2 for over 20 yrs. DESPICABLE humans. Should never be allowed to be around any youth.

Friday, 1 December 2017, 12:15 am
  • Floridian, your words are SO true! What a cover up for another hot head BIG mouth New Yorker that moved to Hernando Co. to ruin our town. They were piss poor up there and think they’re kings & queens here.
    Rude SOB’s need to hit 75N & never turn back. They RUINED Florida!!!

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 8:16 pm
  • Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 7:40 pm
  • Sounds like Mr. Correa is a friend of our sheriff. It’s not what you know but who you know

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 7:22 pm
  • Ummm, I’m pretty sure that key came off her neck once in a while so that he could go practice shooting in Tampa. Just like I’m pretty dang sure those guns have been wiped clean of ANY of his fingerprints to exonerate himself. Just because that key is around HER NECK, does not mean he hasn’t had it in his sticky hot hands. As was stated by another post on the original story, this man is a KNOWN HOTHEAD. He’s quick to shoot off his vile mouth in front of people including kids. Can’t stand him, and this absolutely DOES sound just like something he would do. They are lying to cover his ass. The Sheriff’s office needs to grow some balls or this guy is gonna walk just like others have who gotten away with murder in this county. They are making a habit of this lately and it HAS TO STOP.

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 7:01 pm
  • Stand by your man! Wearing the key around her neck, really? That’s one way getting around the law. Probably a hot headed New Yorker in complete control of his wife. How pathetic!

Thursday, 30 November 2017, 6:52 pm