One Dead, Two Injured After Motorcycle Collides with Car

UPDATE: 9:47 P.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has revealed the identity of the deceased as 20-year-old Anthony C. Elliot of Spring Hill . Officials say Elliot was driving his 2007 Kawasaki ZX1000 at a high rate of speed before crashing into a 2015 Honda Accord. Michael Gennusa, 66, and Helen Gennusa, 63, both suffered minor injuries in the crash.

SPRING HILL – One person is confirmed dead and two injured after a two vehicle crash involving a motorcycle occurred on Mariner Blvd.
An official report has not been released by investigators but according to witnesses the driver of the motorcycle was traveling southbound on Mariner Blvd when it collided with a vehicle at Marysville Street. Witnesses tell RNRF that the motorcycle was traveling at an extremely high rate of speed before it collided with the side of the vehicle. The driver died at the scene from injuries sustained in the crash. Two people inside the car were also transported for treatment but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Mariner Blvd is shut down in both directions at this time.

moto-1 moto-2 moto-3

Comments
  • This young man was my family and everyone just wants to sit here and add there two cents on what happen. We , his family, now the truth. We also know the truth about his bike. Yes he was speeding and yes the accident was both his fault and the car’s fault but damn why do people have to get pleasure from putting their 2 cents in on what they think of him. He was such an amazing person and was loved by all of us. Now we have to look at his picture day in and day out and mourn the loss of our loved one. He wanted so much in life and for those around him. Looking at his angelic face after you passed is something I will never forget. You looked so peaceful and happy. Everyone here can say all you want but no one will ever know the real truth of this amazing young man but his family. We will truly miss you Anthony and we love you so much.

Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 10:31 pm
  • Truth in roots Im so sorry for your loss my heart aches for you and his family please dont feed on all the negivtive people on here they all live in glass houses, may god wrap you around his heart and help you find peace and remember he is always with you in your heart no one can take that away

Monday, 3 April 2017, 8:02 pm
  • I waited to speak my peice .. I have to get this out . Anthony was my best friend he was a good friend and looked out for me it was impossible to be sad or upset around him he could make anything funny . His father is a good man and is doing his best to be strong for everyone else . I had the privilege of being friends with Anthony in school and working with him as well as the days and nights we hung out . Working with him wasn’t like work it was fun and his father was very experienced with what we were doing his father has taught me lessons in life ,work, and just being a person . His mother is a sweet woman and the kind that cared for all of us if you were his friend she treated you like her own . They did not hand him the bike he bought it with money because he was a good worker and an even better saver . The shoes I wore to his funeral he gave me when I needed a pair of dress shoes he was an amazing friend .We must remember he was young and so am I I didn’t see this coming because growing up he had riddin his dirtbikes and was a good rider I hope that you all understand there was a life to the name your reading about .. this is my friend. Look at who’s closest to you imagine they’re gone tomorrow . I was with him Thursday we said hey I’ll talk to you tomorrow unfortunately tomorrow wasn’t possible if you have nasty feelings because of the bikes you hear driving by your house I’m sorry but please understand these are lives whole lives he was more than just a man behind a helmet he was a son a friend a cousin a nephew and a 20 year old kid from Landover and to me he was someone who did his best to pull me out of depression when my mom died he wasn’t a jerk or a viscious bloodthirsty drug dealer he was a helpful person who loved without saying it he showed it and the lessons I’ve learned from him over the years will be with me forever R.I.P Ant

Monday, 3 April 2017, 3:11 am
  • Karma! Speeds in excess of 100mph in a 40mph zone, flicking off cops , no license plate, no drivers license, no motorcycle license = Karma and Karma got his just seconds after his reckless tour of Mariner Blvd. It is what it is.

Wednesday, 22 March 2017, 8:21 am
  • Another life taken to young, prayers for the family ?? RIP

Monday, 20 March 2017, 11:16 am
    Please help his family out here is his Gofund me account

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 1:20 pm
    • wtf? a gofundme for someone whose actions killed himself? smh..

Monday, 20 March 2017, 11:40 am
      • Yes because I’m sure not many people can just pull thousands of dollars out of their to bury a family member on such sudden notice. If you have nothing pleasant to say don’t say anything at all.

Wednesday, 22 March 2017, 11:50 pm
  • This proves that speed kills.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 7:35 am
  • I actually saw a cyclist driving down 19 with ear buds in his ears, looking at his cell phone! Now, if that isn’t an accident waiting to happen. What’s wrong with these idiots? I recently traded in my classic VW cabrio that Hemmings wanted to insure for 10K…I took 1K on a trade for a used Silverado, complete with insurance to cover the cost of the loan should it be totaled . Drivers in Hernando County are just plain crazy. Now, spring breakers are truly adding to the mess, not only destroying each other but property, too. Sorry for this family’s loss of their loved one. Maybe I will hear one less cycle screaming down Mariner at night, but I don’t think so. There are more, to follow, out there. Next?

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 11:10 pm
  • What some people need to understand is both parties are at fault we all need to watch our speed as well look for bikers period I’ve seen so many accidents with ppl on bikes due to know one pays attention or in a rush, so the rude comments are in needed this boy was 20 years old with family and friends who afore him and miss him terribly .!! This is my baby cuzin he had an amazing heart and good soul. So don’t judge anyone just because they ride a bike that’s beyond ridiculous.! Thank you ELS Paul if you have children you should really be mind ful of what you say because this could have been anyone child sadly it was our family. So everyone please respect one an other, we are grieving our loss.! We don’t need non meaningful heartless comments with people who have know idea what happen respect the family and I hope everyone learns from this. Thank you, Anthony I’ll always love you forever .!!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:14 pm
    • What I hope is that other motorcyclists that are in his group will learn to respect their motorcycles and the road and the people that share it. Keep the racing and the speeding on the track. Giving a police officer the middle finger and then speeding off at 100+ mph is uncalled for.

My condolences to his family for their loss.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 5:36 am
    • Not sure why there are so many saying heartless things. Perhaps “they know not what they do.” RIP young man.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 9:48 am
    • How, my dear, is one responsible for being in the way of a motorcycle moving at “excessive speed”?

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 1:40 pm
  • What’s going through his mind when he speeding down a busy street on a motorcycle going 20 over the speed limit does he expect is going to live when somebody pulls out in front of them dumbass Kids on motorcycles others need to learn from this and slow down and do the speed limit

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:34 pm
  • Samantha, condolences to your family members. You have brought something out that needs repeating.
    IF YOU HAVE A COMPLIMENT, WORD OF LOVE OR ENCOURAGEMENT FOR SOMEONE PLEASE DON’T WAIT – SAY IT NOW!!!!!! LIFE IS SHORT & TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE. HUG & KISS YOUR LOVED ONES AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.
    Again sorry for your family & friends to have lost someone special.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:40 pm
  • This is my baby cuzin so all the negative people need to back off don’t speak on something you don’t know. He had his whole life ahead of him.. Now our family has to mourn the loss of him including his mother n father n sisters. Everyone needs to stop pointing blame on bikes we all as drivers need yo pay attention to everything and be less of I. A rush to get somewhere because accidents do happen and familys suffer losses.! He was a young and smart boy that will forever be missed, please if you have you own thoughts and opions keep then to your self we are mourning our loved one.!! And its never good to speak I’ll of the dead. So be respect full for us and our family thank you.!! Ant I love and miss you so very much .!! My heart is broken for you I wish I had a chance to tell you how proud I am of you and how much I love you.!! I’ll miss you forever baby boy.!! Love you so much .!! I’ll see you soon my love

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 1:55 pm
  • STATE FACTS You don’t have a clue. What do you consider elderly. and I quote: Also if the drivers were elderly , we really need to have our elderly re-tested on there driving skills every 6 months .. because they truly cause most accidents….
    Do you realize just how ignorant you sound.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 12:56 pm
  • anthony is my nephew he was a good kid he loved to ride .he lived life on the edge he loved to do the things he did.now he is with his grandfarther in heaven. we will all miss you very much…..R.I.P. UNCLE JOE GOD BLESS YOU………………………………………………..

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 12:17 pm
  • Rest in peace. The biker and apparently most of the community’s humanity. The heartless and brainless all fighting over a feigned sense of reason. It’s nice to see there’s some decent people who actually consider things other than their own opinions and we all know the saying about opinions.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 12:08 pm
  • I ride and I have designated myself to be an organ donor should I perish on the road or in any other manner
    Hope this young man was a donor as well so that this terrible incident may help others

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 11:13 am
  • To Bolt: “Your kids wouldn’t do this”?? Yes they would, usually when a parent says that – the truth is they have no clue what their kids are doing when they aren’t around. Good luck with yours.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 11:00 am
  • No respect for a kid who’s parents gladly handed him a bike. They obviously didn’t care and go look at his Facebook pictures he was quite the good kid everyone is talking about. ” Elliot ace” on Facebook wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was under the influence of anything

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:04 am
    • Stop talking crap about him. If you didn’t know him and only have negative things to say — keep it To yourself. Nobody cares about you if you didn’t know him. You’re worthless to those of us who knew him. He was very amazing very intelligent very sweet. Facebook pictures aren’t going to tell you that so stop looking to Facebook pictures to tell you who somebody was as a person. Grow up.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:08 pm
    • Actually he grew up on a bike, I used to live in his neighborhood and he always had a dirtbike for as long as I can remember, he definitely knew how to handle a bike but it’s just that he played stupid with it, really is a shame.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 11:19 am
  • This is my cuzin.!! Regaurdles of what happen everyone needs to be careful bikes and cars!! My beautiful baby cuzin is no longer with us.! I love n will always love you n miss you so much.!! This is so un real.! Never once did I think this would happen to our family.. I love you forever an always .! Rest easy my love and please look down on all of us, we miss you so terribly much.!!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 6:59 am
  • Does anyone know if the car pulled out in front of him or if they went into his lane. Maybe both parties were at fault if he was speeding. Sorry to the family and friends. My son has a crotch rocket but he does not speed and stays way back from the car in front of him. If u drive a motorcycle do not speed and stay back from the car in front of u in case they have to stop fast.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 1:27 am
  • see these bike driving like crazy everyday. no shocker here

Friday, 17 March 2017, 11:50 pm
  • Anyone considering a motorcycle, please come to our local traumatic brain injury support group to witness first hand the devastation caused for the victim and the entire family. It’s not a pretty sight.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 10:29 pm
  • First I want to say my condolences to the family and friends of this young man . I was as well one of the people driving by the accident ,touch my heart so much. He did have a helmet by the way !! I have children as well so I can’t imagine how the parents feel . Please God cover them.
    It’s sad to see adults insulting this young man .
    All honestly I truly don’t think it was this young gentlemen’s fault that Car looks like it was coming out of Marysville look at where the bike hit the car I don’t care how fast he was going that Car was at a stop sign and if they were looking both ways they would of seen him .. Also if the drivers were elderly , we really need to have our elderly re-tested on there driving skills every 6 months .. because they truly cause most accidents….
    Also if he was going 107 mph when the police clocked him ,the police would of been to the accident sooner ….
    God bless the family and friends sorry for your loss ….. truly a sad moment !!!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 10:15 pm
    • The accident may be the old peoples fault, but it is Anthony’s fault that he is dead. If he were going the speed limit, the headline would read “motorcyclist air lifted to trauma center”. The bad drivers here annoy the hell out of me too, but there is no reason to go 107 on mariner on a Friday morning.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:42 pm
  • It saddens me to see all the rude comments on here. Two people are injured and another dead and all everyone wants to do is argue and point fingers. Now is not the time or place to do that. Even if he was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic he didnt deserve to die. Condolences to his family and prayers to the families of the two injured.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 8:11 pm
  • Condolences to the family. My son also knew this young man & is devastated over his loss. If anything I hope some of these young bikers have learned a valuable lesson. My son is out there on one of those crotch rockets riding reckless. I have begged & pleaded to no avail. It’s like he has a death wish. I cannot do anything as a parent because he is a grown adult, so the law states. I hate to say this but I expect my son to be in one of Tom’s articles in the near future. I just hope he doesn’t kill anyone else. All y’all bitching and moaning instead of having compassion is ridiculous. There is nothing as a parent that I can do, any of us can do. There is nothing that the law will allow us to do. My son, is grown, got that bike all on his own & there is absolutely nothing I can say or do to prevent what is to inevitably to come. I hope that drivers will be more aware, slow down & hopefully see these bikes coming before this occurs again.So sorry this had to happen. So sorry that it will happen again.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:55 pm
  • He was wearing a helmet i seen it, i was passing by on mariner and seen him being covered up no matter how he was driving or whos fault it was a life was lost i felt emotional just driving past the scene and i dont know the people involved but i do have 4 children of my own and i cant imagine getting that phone call from police saying one of them has died. I hurt for his loved ones my prayers are with his family

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:45 pm
  • Whether young or older, some will ride it like they stole it but not all do. Vehicles and the drivers of them also need to pay attention. People constantly cut people off. Cars, trucks, people in a hurry pull out and cut off whoever. Whether or not he was speeding, he didn’t deserve to die. Most people speed. We all need to slow down and pay a little more attention.
    RIP young man. My son also knew you. Prayers to the family.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:22 pm
  • Prayers to this boys family… My guess would be he wasn’t wearing a helmet? Not that that would have saved his life.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:05 pm
  • The cop clocked his speed at 107 mph by Springstead that’s how they have the rate he was going it’s not a rumor

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:57 pm
    • He clocked it at springstead, then he came to a stop at the light at linden. A girl, taylor Arrington, posted a status that has gone almost viral within the county. She was the last one to say a single word to Anthony. She saw him in his helmet, stopped at the light. He was clocked at 107, stopped at the light, then proceeded again. Please, refrain from acting like you know everything.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:04 pm
  • …I mean if ur gonna go 30+ over the speed limit on a bike in traffic weaving in and out then this is what u get. Save it for the track with proper gear where your not endangering other people’s lives.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:47 pm
  • There is a guy that does about 80 or 90 down our side street all the time can’t even let my grand kids play in front yard because afraid he will lose control and hit them there are also cars that do the same thing flying down our street called cops a few times Can’t wait till it’s there turn before they kill some innocent people, I see it everyday these guys on motorcycles speeding weaving in and out of traffic prayers for the people in the car!!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:31 pm
  • Prayers for this young man and his love ones. Nothing will be the same again for this family

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:07 pm
  • So sorry for this familys loss…my son went to central high school with him…he has lost quite a few friends in the past year…so sad..prayers to the family

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:51 pm
  • Some pop corn……..

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:20 pm
    • The young man that died on his bike is my godson no he was not a drug dealer!!!!! Every one talking shit let’s not forget he was only 19 yrs old and a good kid he left behind a father and mother and sisters that loved him very much not to mention a grandmother who is probably in a state of shock I will truly miss you RIP my god son I love you always and forever!!!!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:43 pm
      • Condolences to you and his family…….may God be with you all…

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:49 pm
      • I am very sorry for the loss suffered by the family and friends on the deceased.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 9:00 pm
      • I am so sorry for your loss. Anthony was a respectful young boy and he will be dearly missed.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 9:59 pm
      • Sorry for your loss Marie

Friday, 17 March 2017, 11:47 pm
  • Prayers for the couple involved in the accident and also prayers for the family of this young man. Regardless of whether he was doing stupid things or not his family is now suffering the consequences of that situation.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:27 pm
    • Amen

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:57 pm
  • He gets what he deserves he was speeding over 70. Idiots on bikes think they can speed not die when someone don’t see them and pull out in front of them. Wake up guys that speed on bikes!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:20 pm
    • Still dosent deserve to die

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:50 pm
      • Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:59 pm
    • Hank that is a horrible thing to say no one deserves to die because they were speeding he was just a kid how would you feel if that was your kid give the parents a break,, if you dont have anything positive to say just shut up have a heart they just lost there child dam never seen so much heartless people in my life and all these negative people where all humane and we all make mistakes my heart goes out to the parents i cant even imagine how they feel

Friday, 17 March 2017, 10:29 pm
      • “Deserving” is such a human construct.

There are actions, and there are consequences to the actions.

Death is but a doorway to another way of life.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 9:07 am
    • If your being so honest here do you always go the speed limit!? Do you follow ALL AND EVERY ROAD RULE. I think not. So the next time your caught slipping maybe you DESERVE to die. It’s a tragedy and all these comments about his character is apauling. Just know god sees all. That is all.

Monday, 20 March 2017, 8:53 pm
  • Sheila F. Gorman at least he is covered. When Bob passed in our front yard it took them 3 hrs to cover him & more then 6 hrs before the funeral home picked him up. Tom thought his passing was a news story. I didn’t. Especially all the stupid remarks. September6th,2016 Body found in Brooksville driveway. This is how his brother & our granddaughter found out about his passing.Sickening if you ask me.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:08 pm
  • Anyone know who the motorcyclist was? Prayers for their family and friends. Only 2 blocks from where my son was hit on his way to work on his bike. PLEASE pay attention drivers of all types of vehicles.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:32 pm
    • His name was Anthony

Friday, 17 March 2017, 10:52 pm
    • Anthony Elliot

Friday, 17 March 2017, 11:01 pm
  • I know this young man and I have to say that I’m very sorry for what had happenned nobody deserves to go out that way no matter who it is. He wasn’t a drug dealer nor a reckless little punk he was nice “most of the time” and by the way that IS a sheet underneath the “element” you can planely see it.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:27 pm
    • I’m not afraid to speak the truth. He definitely sold drugs if you had his snap chat you would know that!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:21 am
      • WHO CARES!! HES GONE AND ITS NOT BECAUSE OF DRUGS STOP BEING SUCH COLD HEARTED IDIOTS!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 1:35 pm
        • I COULDNT AGREE MORE WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT HERE THUS YOUNG MAN IS GONE STOP STOP ARGUING HES NOT GOING TO LIVE HIS LIFE REGARDLESS WHAT HE DID OR WANTED TO DO. GONE PEOPLE.

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 10:01 pm
          • My prayers to the family. RIP.

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 10:03 pm
  • Why is the sheet glowing

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:23 pm
    • I believe it’s a mylar like blanket like the mylar balloons. It has a shiny side & can be used for warmth on rescues of boating accident victims, etc. Or to reflect sun.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:07 pm
    • It’s not a sheet. He explained what it is.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 6:24 pm
  • handicapped driver in the car… I drive all day and way too many of them run stop signs. See it all day, every day.
    kid may have been speeding, a lot of the elderly though, can’t tell speed and distance nor should they be driving.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:19 pm
    • That’s a just such an ignorant comment. Just because you have handicapped plates doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t drive. Perhaps educate yourself to the reasons why drivers have disabled plates or placards before commenting like that. The problem does seem to be worse because you are mixing these idiot kids flying down the road with the seniors who are doing the speed limit or below. And remember, it’s the speed LIMIT not the speed minimum.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:29 pm
      • talk about ignorant comment. Perhaps drive around spring hill daily as I do with out your head stuck up your arse or more likely, in your phone. So what you are saying is: all kids that die in motorcycle accidents are idiots, and the elderly/handicapped drive perfectly? It’s apparent from the picture, the kid on the bike had the right of way (look it up if you don’t know the meaning) and the car pulled out in front of him. Also, just saw about 15-20 cars at 19/SH dr refuse to see the big red ambulance with lights and sirens blaring trying to pull out and head north… no ‘idiot’ kids all cars..

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:59 pm
        • Just keep deflecting from my actual comment why don’t you. I DO drive around here DAILY, you don’t own rights to that. I DO NOT drive with my cell phone but you keep making inaccurate assumptions. You’re just pissed that I called you out on your ignorant comment about people with disabled plates. You then chose to add more to my comment by saying all kids that die in motorcycle accidents are idiots and that elderly/handicapped drive perfectly? Please show me where I said that, oh that’s right, I didn’t. But you need to attack me because you don’t like what I called you out for. What’s apparent to me is that you can dish it out but can’t take it when called out.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 11:29 am
  • RIP To The Young Man That Lost His Life… Prayers For His Family And Friends..

I Only Have One thing To say…..As I Live On Northcliffe Blvd close to Mariner and

I watch the traffic as it goes up and down Northcliffe and theres ALOT of Speeding

I especialilly worry for those on the Go Fast Rocket Bikes..They Use this road as a racetrack

And I Wish That HCSD would Sit a Officer on or near Northcliffe to try To Slow Everyone Down!!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 2:41 pm
    • I’m down near Mariner and Linden and I couldn’t agree more. ALL THE DARN TIME, racing, driving between two cars down the middle, weaving in and out of traffic and we just pray we don’t end up hitting them if they crash! I feel for the family of this young man but he unfortunately died from his poor choices. That stretch from the H.S. south to SHD is a racetrack for these kids. I hope the rest learn from this instead of making excuses and lashing out on the rest who have commented here.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:25 pm
    • we are off SHD @ Waterfall and we can hear these bikes winding up from Mariner and screaming all the way up SP dr. all day and night…It’s another racetrack esp. at night.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 8:21 pm
  • That is heartbreaking; his family is in my prayers. Wish parents wouldn’t let their kids get these bikes because they all push their limits on those crotch-rockets. They buy them because they’re beautiful, fast, sleek, and cool, and, guys especially, will take chances and do stupid stuff to show off or race them. I hear them racing many nights on Elgin near Pristine Place; the sound of two or more just screaming down the road, almost ear-piercing. I always hope I don’t hear a crash. The police should try hiding there once in a while and hopefully they’ll catch them, maybe the young drivers will learn a lesson. Bolt is right, I haven’t seen any bikes like that pulled over either, and I know the bike could easily outrun the police.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 2:34 pm
    • Please don’t lump all young motorcyclists into one pile, there is an overwhelming majority of conciencous riders both old and young. Please don’t let the actions of one color your opinion of many.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:19 pm
  • You don’t see bikes pulled over because most of us follow the law. The ones that don’t, can’t be caught because they take off when the police try to pull them over. Most police will not chase because the crazy bikers will endanger everyone’s life’s.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 2:03 pm
  • What nobody seems to be concerned about is the couple involved, and the first responders who have to see this over and over.
    Having been a fire fighter in upstate NY I still have thoughts of what I have seen, and done

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:31 pm
    • The couple involved is going home tonight.
      That’s why.
      Anthony isn’t coming home tonight.
      He’s not coming home ever.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:58 pm
    • I agree. This poor couple have to live with the fact that they were involved in an accident that took a young mans life. Who really cares at this point who’s fault it was.
      The parents, family and friends are and will be suffering for a very long time from this horrible accident, regardless of what the cause.
      My condolences to all involved, including the firefighters and officers on scene……

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 10:43 am
  • Surprise, Surprise!
    Weaving in & out of traffic, excessive speed and probably no helmet. A perfect formula for an accident.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:27 pm
    • Too bad he had a helmet he was wasn’t weaving so before you have time to come and talk on a post know your facts global guy

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:30 pm
      • he was weaving, speeding and flipped off the sheriff seconds before it happened.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:27 pm
        • I heard the same thing

Friday, 17 March 2017, 10:37 pm
        • That’s what I heard about the finger!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:02 am
  • we all see it everyday.. these kids on their bikes in and out of traffic..not sure of solution. but I have never seen a bike pulled over.. they are and endanger us all.. I am sorry for the familes loss.. my kids wldnt do this cause dad was a parent..

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:59 pm
    • The solution is they keep dying. Bikers know the consequences of their actions and those of other drivers and choose to ignore them. Eventually you hope they understand before they die. Just can’t feel sorry for people doing stupid stuff.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:49 pm
    • How awful to insult the parents. Your kids aren’t perfect just like no kids are perfect. Someone died due to poor judgement and the sense of invincibility that young people too often have. Why would you say such an ignorant thing?

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:53 pm
      • at 19 years old he had a super fast bike and only had it for less than a week.as i understand it. these superbikes are called crotch rockets for a reason. speed kills and lack of experience multiplies the danger a hundred times over. that skid mark tells a huge part of the story because most bike riders know to never lock up the brakes as you lose control and begin to slide one way or another and mistakes multiply. parents do have an obligation to say no when they know it is in their childs best interests because they lack the necessary skills. speed and lack of experience kills those not ready for the unexpected or self created situations. simply sad he lost his life over a motorcycle.

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 10:31 am
    • Solution is no motorcycle licence untill you are 25.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 2:56 pm
      • Ive known a few idiots on bikes over 25 also

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:09 pm
      • Makes no sense. I see more old guys going through a mid life crisis out there riding just as bad!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:57 pm
      • Great idea

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:05 pm
    • “My kids wouldn’t do this cause das is a parent” wtf does that have to do with anything? And as for “inclusive” the SOLUTION is for people to keep dying? Death is a solution to you?? Are you guys stupid?? Heartless, at that?? Have more respect for yourselves and everyone who is grieving at this time. I hope your death is a solution to someone else, inclusive!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:34 pm
      • Yes death is a solution. A choice was made to ride a motorcycle. Motorcycle vs a car usually results in motorcycle taking the worst. So if young riders are willing to take their chances than yes they have indirectly said, “I’m willing to die doing this”. I would even bet he didn’t have insurance to help those he injured.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:51 pm
        • Highly doubt that those people actually really got injured. Maybe the driver but doubt the other one did. Probably playing a game FOR the insurance. You’re probably one of them.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:40 pm
          • Fortunately I am not one of them. Had you read my post correctly you would know I’m betting the motorcycle did not have insurance. Let me also predict the “family” will start a gofund me account because somehow the belief is a community is supposed to help pay the cost of those involved.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 8:45 pm
    • I see where you’re coming from, but as a 20 year old young man who was not speeding, nor driving recklessly when I was hit by a careless elderly person, right in that same stretch of road, back in September of 2016; I absolutely disagree with you. ‘Tis not the age of the driver or rider, that is important but their habits and safety practices.
      I was minding my own business, on my way to work and later that day an exam for my college when an elderly (83y.o.) woman changed my life, possibly forever. She pulled out right in front of me and later claimed she didn’t see me and was “trying to beat traffic”. If that’s not reckless I don’t know what is. So please don’t blame it all on us young people when there is good and bad in everything.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:15 pm
      • I agree……….and I remember the article about you.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:47 pm
    • Clearly you’re a piece of garbage person from what you just said so I have a hard time believing your any good of a parent. Honestly I feel bad for your children and hope they have some one with much more common sense and compassion than you to teach them how life REALLY works. I also hope they don’t pick up your horrible grammar skills and are actually literate. Your disgusting as parent to even say that about another parent who just lost their child. Ignorant bastard.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 6:51 pm
    • Bikes get pulled over all the time. You probably don’t see them because you are one of the people who pulls out in front of them. Sorry you were picked on as a child.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:09 pm
  • was he wearing a red helmet? A guy passed me on mariner going very fast about 11:00

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:51 pm
  • It’s on my corner. So sad! Young man. Timer is he was doing 107mph. 19 yes old?

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:21 pm
    • Rumor…not timer

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:22 pm
      • You really shouldn’t be…………….SPREADING RUMORS…

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:54 pm
        • What makes you say he was a drug dealer?

Friday, 17 March 2017, 2:29 pm
          • Definitely was a drug dealer. Probably had a bunch of bud on him.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:10 pm
          • Really so even if he was a drug dealer … does he deserve to be dead ? Try having respect for family & friends and stop posting comments

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:55 pm
          • YOU’RE the one saying he is a drug dealer..NOT ME!!!

STOP SPREADING RUMORS!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:35 pm
          • @ Concerned citizen

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:37 pm
        • Overheard cops. My condolences to family.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:11 am
    • How in the world would anyone know the rate of speed he was traveling ?? Please don’t spread rumors. It’s bad enough that witness’ always overestimate the speed of bikes. Bikes just look like they are going faster then vehicles. Now that’s not to say that plenty of them are not speeding but in this case it is not known for a fact yet.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:41 pm
      • EXACTLY………RUMORS CAN HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:40 pm
      • FHP measured skid mark on payment. Eye witness says he was speeding.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 8:22 pm
      • You are wrong because there was a cop tailing him and he is the one who clocked him at 107mph. That’s a fact not a rumor and I think we need to just all respect the family and friends who read this stuff. Family is having a very rough time of it.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:06 pm
    • I apologize for rumor, but I heard the cops talking as I was at scene, living within 200 ft away. I cried to see this young man die. Tom Lemon does a good job of reporting, so be thankful for him! My neighbors are devestated by this. I can’t even imagine what his family is feeling. Bless them!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:10 am
  • Was it really necessary to show the white sheet covering the body? This is news, yes, but I think it is in bad taste to do that!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 11:56 am
      • This is bull why you posting pictures of him.lyimg in the road. Why don’t you take the pictures down. Way to post this “news” the kid has family and friends that don’t wanna see that shit.all your worried about is the entertainment.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:14 pm
        • What’s wrong with seeing the truth? If more people see the reality of what happened, it could have an effect on them that they may pay more attention.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:02 pm
          • agreed! rodney holt

Friday, 17 March 2017, 8:55 pm
          • I agree. If people see tye reality maybe it will click. It is sad that another young life is lost due to carelessness that could have been avoided.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:51 am
          • I agree with what Rodney said maybe these speeding young people will see what can happen.

Monday, 20 March 2017, 7:29 pm
        • Y’all have to expect it. If channel 8 or Baynews9 were close by they would have covered the story too. Any time a young person loses his life it’s tragic. Condolences to family and friends.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:58 pm
        • Thanks for your comment. Our family are friends of the deceased.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 7:46 pm
        • Then don’t look at the picture or the website…

There were hundreds of people that saw the body and sheet in real time, I bet you think then we should poke their eyes out because they seen something objectionable.
          its unfortunate but that is part of life..

GT I LIFE THEN A JOB!

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 11:00 am
          • Why don’t you guys just leave him alone he’s stating his opinion its his friend he lost back off

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:01 pm
      • Yea that’s a sheet
        That’s my bestfriend

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 2:45 am
        • all y’all
          I’m a motor bike man.. he was Trying to die.. sry to say but he was. That’s all lil kids r gent out the easy way.. killing them selves…… so selfish if u ask me…. I mean look at ur family that u r hurtin

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 2:55 am
    • Bad taste? No maybe educational for those who speed on bikes! We don’t codel the world from anything anymore so why this? This is a tragedy that happens every day and riders need to realize the result from speeding! I ride myself so I get the danger it’s to bad this rider did not. RIP

Friday, 17 March 2017, 12:39 pm
      • Can’t agree more, I was left in a coma for 2,1/2 weeks because someone pulled out in front of me right in that same area back in September of 2016.
        I’d be dead too had it not been for my habit of wearing all the gear all the time and traveling at the speed limit.
        Save the triple digits for the track…

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:58 pm
        • this young man bought far more bike than he was capable of properly handling it. these 1000 cc bikes are extremely fast and they can appear and disappear in your cars blind spot in a split second . there actually should be a cap on what semi skilled riders can purchase in terms of a motorcycle and its capability. bikes are very dangerous and not forgiving especially with a rider not highly skilled and experienced . people must always look twice or three times always because they can appear so fast and especially when weaving in and out of traffic ,which is far too common everywhere. as a bike rider even a regular bicycle you are severely exposed to everything thing that can go wrong on the roads.. plenty of people in this area who make poor driving decisions in cars too in terms of age and capabilities that erode over the years and never think about motorcycles at all because they are in a car. this is just another tragedy for our neighborhood even losing 2 more people this week due to a bike crash. simply put motorcycles or any exposed mode of transportation can be very deadly thru your own fault or the fault of others, but you pay the highest price as a rider in terms of trauma or death.

Tuesday, 11 April 2017, 10:17 am
      • Well said Caren it’s true.. that bike rider and I as well ride or have riden in the past and IF these accusations are true then the bike rider had no care for the car and it’s passengers well fair

Friday, 17 March 2017, 4:37 pm
    • get over it, that’s life. Sooner or later someone is going to be offended. So, might as well get it done now and just offend everyone……lol.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 1:12 pm
      • I agree tenfold…get over it….damn thats news if you dont like it….GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO READ THE NEWS

Friday, 17 March 2017, 3:49 pm
        • I’m that man’s godmother and I think it’s disrespectful and horrible to post that photo no matter who it is ads holes

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:44 pm
          • Should have help teach him to use his head

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:17 am
    • Yes. I don’t know if you have noticed, but even the older riders tend to speed and weave in and out of traffic. Bike riders need to realize that they are NOT special, and obey the rules of the road. If not, this is your future, covered in a white sheet with everyone going, omg! Another dead biker!

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:54 pm
    • It’s called RealNewsRealFast for a reason dear. Were it not for Tom Lemons, we would get NO LOCAL NEWS AT ALL. So I personally would like to thank the staff for keeping it REAL.

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:54 pm
      • Amen.

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 10:05 am
    • Thank you his cousin and that truly made me sick to my stomach

Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 11:54 am
  • Why is Spring Hill Dr shut down in both directions if the accident ocurred on Mariner Blvd?

Friday, 17 March 2017, 11:55 am
    • They usually do that with fatalities

Friday, 17 March 2017, 5:00 pm