Search for Missing Teen Underway, Desperate to Find Biological Parents

LAND O’ LAKES (PASCO) – An adopted teenager, desperate to find his biological parents, ran away from his Land O’ Lakes home early this morning and has not been seen since.

According to officials, around 1:45 am. 16-year-old Jeremy McGuill left his residence in the Lake Padgett Estates East Subdivision. There is speculation that McGill is searching for his biological parents who are believed to live in Tampa and New Port Richey.

Officials say McGuill is 5’6”, 160 lbs., has fair skin, brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing grey sweatpants and a grey hooded sweatshirt.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jeremy McGuill are asked to call 1-800-706-2488.

Comments
  • Prayers for this young man.

Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 3:12 am
  • As a birth mother who gave up a beautiful little girl ( not by my choice ), I pray this young man has a good experience & is returned safely home. There isn’t a day goes by for me that I don’t wonder how my little lady has fared in her life with her adoptive parents guidance & love. I hope this young man comes to understand that being adopted makes you SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU WERE CHOSEN TO BE IN THE ADOPTIVE FAMILY. CHOSEN BECAUSE YOU WERE AND ARE SPECIAL TO THE FOLKS WHO RAISED YOU. My prayers for all involved.

Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 2:17 am
  • If they know who the biological parents are, they should be contacted ASAP and alerted to the fact that he may be on his way there and to contact authorities as soon as he shows up.
    Also I am an adoptee so I understand the burning desire to fill that void in your life. But just like You Don’t Say indicated, I too found my biological family and no it was not a good experience for me either. However I did find a birth sister who was also given up for adoption at birth. We have become very close and I love her and her family very much. We keep in touch on a regular frequent basis. Unfortunately she still lives up on Long Island NY and I am down in Florida. But I have met here a few times and she is awesome.
    Sass-Squater I don’t even have a reply for your comment. You obviously have no idea what it’s like to not know who your birth family and to come up with that as your first suggestion as to why this young man ventured out to find them, is well to say the least very ignorant.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 10:48 pm
  • I was 19 when I met my biological mother, I had a nagging need to know most of my life, I always felt like something was missing in my life. My adoptive mother was great but I still had that void. I drove from Dallas to Houston to meet my biological mother and ALL I remember was how disappointed I felt, how she was nothing like I dreamed or envisioned. We talked minimally as it was a tad awkward, when I headed back to Dallas, I remember thinking how grateful I was to for being blessed with a great adoptive mother and father. We chatted over the years here and there but I never saw her again. I never had that void feeling again. Sometimes it’s just about knowing, nothing more just knowing who your biological parents are. I hope there’s a happy ending for this young man.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 9:28 pm
  • Maybe he was just lashing out like all teenagers do and ran away to prove a point? His adoptive parents are probably worried sick and he could very well be in danger. Don’t be so quick to judge, this is social media we are collecting information from. Time will tell, but there really is no need for the negativity while still in search for this young man. Please.. have a little remorse for the parents who reported him missing the same day he left.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 8:13 pm
  • MAYBE his adoptive parents R molesting him . ?. I would run too!!!

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 6:20 pm
    • What a stupid thing to say……

Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 10:00 pm
  • 10/4! maddy and westcoast, prayers for his safety and finding and a hopefully good meeting of his parents, who can blame the kid, how sad…………….

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 5:30 pm
  • Hopefully his adoptive parents find him and take into consideration that maybe it will be beneficial for him to meet his birth parents. Prayers for this kids safe return home and hopefully he is able to find what he is looking for.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 5:04 pm
  • Prayers for a good outcome of this situation.

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 4:55 pm