Toddler Airlifted to Trauma Center After Near-Drowning, Bystanders Perform CPR

HUDSON (PASCO) – RNRF is receiving several viewer tips of a possible near-drowning that occurred at Sun West Park.

According to witnesses, a 3-year-old little girl was found unresponsive and pulled from the water. Sources say two people performed CPR and revived the little girl before Fire Rescue arrived on the scene. Bayflite airlifted the toddler to a trauma center for treatment.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Sun West Park is located at 17362 Old Dixie Hwy in Hudson.

Comments
  • my prayers go’s out to the family and I want to say that I am so very proud and thankful that my step daughter was there to pull her out and knew what to do for her. April Greer Ames you are a Blessing and I love you.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 2:17 pm
    • We are very thankful for what she did for her, it literally saved her life. Thank her on our behalf, and many blessings to her.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 11:30 pm
  • Don’t judge a situation without knowing. This is my niece and I can assure you it had nothing to do with parents or guardians not being watchful. Thanks for those sending their prayers, as for those judging, may the Lord never finds Himself teaching you a lesson.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 11:09 am
    • Is your niece ok?

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 2:28 pm
    • I was there, saw it. May I ask how is she doing? Went to bed thinking about her woke up thinking about her. Just would like to know she is going to be OK

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 2:35 pm
      • Thanks for asking, she’s doing better. Our family is very thankful for all the positive thoughts and prayers. May the Lord bless you the same.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 5:21 pm
  • Moms in jail. The aunt was the one with her

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 11:07 am
    • Speak with facts. You are obviously misinformed. How about asking how she’s doing???

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 5:16 pm
  • Certainly hope she will be OK little ones are lightning speed should of had a life jacket on?

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 12:24 am
  • My prayers are heartfelt for this young life. And yes WHERE WERE MOM AND DAD???? A LIFE JACKET WAS WHERE??? Not on the child apparently. WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP BEING SO CAVALIER ABOUT PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY???? I pray God and his angels surround the 3 y.o. with their healing and love.

Saturday, 17 June 2017, 8:56 pm
  • Nope no life guards at the park…and as for the parents? Don’t be so quick to judge. It’s a big place and it’s a beach so kids are able to walk in quite far without going over their heads… Things happen and it’s very easy for something like this to happen..kid’s are very quick and can slip away in a second…I’ve had a child almost drown on me in my own pool .. He was so quick , and I was running around the house and yard looking for him, and he went into the pool trying to catch a ball …thank God I’m a nurse so I got to him and gave him CPR …but it was extremely scary. So you could be the most cautious parent and still have accidents happen.

Saturday, 17 June 2017, 8:33 pm
    • Thank you for sharing your story. I hope it sheds light unto those who judge.

Sunday, 18 June 2017, 8:01 pm
  • No lifeguards ?

Saturday, 17 June 2017, 7:13 pm
  • SENDING PRAYERS

Saturday, 17 June 2017, 7:01 pm
  • Where were mom and dad

Saturday, 17 June 2017, 6:54 pm