Two Charged with Drive-By Shooting, Possible Connection to Prior Shooting

UPDATE: 2:26 P.M. – Within minutes of publishing our story of the shooting suspect’s capture, the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office issued a media release confirming the arrests and providing additional information. RNRF was advised that the cases were still under investigation prior to their media release. Here is HCSO’s statement in it’s entirety:

On 07-26-17 just after 4:30 p.m., Hernando County deputies were dispatched to the area of Belmont Road in Spring Hill regarding shots fired from a vehicle.
Upon arrival, deputies met with a witness who observed a white Lincoln 4-door pass through the area.  As the driver of the Lincoln passed through, someone inside the vehicle fired several shots from the moving vehicle.  A total of eight 9mm shell casings were located in the roadway, within a 200 foot stretch.
Deputy Joe Merando quickly developed a lead in the case.  Merando learned that Andre Waddy was actively trying to sell a 9mm handgun and an associate of Waddy’s, Anthony Cusati, was recently observed driving a white Lincoln 4-door.
A short time later, Merando was advised that Waddy and Cusati (still in the Lincoln) were displaying a firearm in the parking lot of A to Z Discount Beverage on Deltona Boulevard.  Merando located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop.  While speaking to the occupants of the vehicle, Merando detected the odor of marijuana.  A search of the vehicle was conducted which resulted in the discovery of marijuana, paraphernalia, and a 9mm handgun.
Detective William Cooper was called in to assist with the investigation.
During questioning, Cusati admitted to shooting the firearm from the vehicle while on Belmont Road, “in order to blow off steam,” as he was upset over a telephone conversation with his girlfriend.
In separate incidents involving Waddy and Cusati, Merando and Cooper learned Cusati committed an Aggravated Assault with the firearm by pointing it at Jordan Patascher, mistaking him for another individual.  Waddy pointed the same firearm at Jamie Siciliano during the same time frame.  Both incidents occurred in the parking lot of the A to Z Discount Beverage located on Deltona Boulevard.  Both incidents were corroborated by four witnesses who were able to describe the firearm in detail.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

SPRING HILL – Yesterday RNRF broke the news of a drive-by shooting that occurred on Belmont Road and later reported the capture of two possible suspects. There are now unconfirmed reports that both men have been charged in connection with yesterday’s shooting and possibly a prior shooting that injured a juvenile on July 17th.

Several hours after yesterday’s shooting on Belmont Road, deputies stopped a vehicle on Ligonier Road that matched a description provided by witnesses at the scene. Deputies detained and later charged 20-year-old Anthony Vincent Cusati and 23-year-old Andre Earl Waddy with several drug and weapons charges. Cusati faces one count of firing a weapon from a vehicle, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Cusati’s bond is set at $11,000. Waddy is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and possession of marijuana. Waddy could be released on just $13,000 bond.

Sources tell RNRF that Waddy and Cusati are responsible for shooting a juvenile 10-days ago in the same area as yesterday’s shooting, but officials have not confirmed that information.

Waddy has at least five prior arrests in Hernando County alone, which include charges of aggravated battery, simple battery, drug possession, and hit and run. Cusati only has one prior arrest from 2012 for battery.

Officials have not released a statement at this time due to the case remaining under investigation.

Comments
  • My baby will be free very soon!!!! Don’t judge a person by his last name he’s a very good hearted person who loves with all his heart !!! You don’t know the situation behind everything & if you did anyone would of done the same thing!!! #FreeDre

Sunday, 6 August 2017, 3:06 pm
  • Those kids are someone’s son grandson brother or cousin. You people are horrific with some of your comments. They don’t need jail. They need help

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 8:16 pm
    • So, why don’t you take your “holier-than-thou” BS and see if you can help them? Obviously, they don’t give a damn about other people. So, why should I care what happens to them? These are two more examples of how bad Spring Hill has become.

Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 12:41 am
  • Habitual Criminals should not be breathing the same air as law abiding citizens because they will always just commit more crimes so what’s the point.

Monday, 31 July 2017, 2:37 pm
  • It’s unfortunate that a neighbor didn’t unload on them as they were shooting.

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 7:21 pm
  • O look its one of the Waddys again put him away for a long time State Attorney the other guy just put him under a rock

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 3:24 pm
  • This cusati kid has always been a pos hurting everyone pranking people drugs and the mother knows everything allows it if you look through her pics you can clearly see he is drinking with him a smoking with him it just insane im sure as long as he brings home the money she is fine with it. If you search public records the 2012 felony is because he hit his mothers boyfriend now husband this kid needed help then. Now children are hurt people are scared hey mom congrats you done good raising a pos that you allowed to be a criminal.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 11:20 pm
    • You don’t know anything about the mother! She’s a great person!! Don’t judge someone you don’t know! She does not smoke either that’s how much you know! You don’t know what’s she’s done to help her son! How are you to judge someone?!

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 12:40 pm
  • Dear Judge—please let these two idiots stay at your place since you sure don’t care about the rest of us with those bail amounts.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 6:07 pm
  • Imagine that, a Waddy involved in another crime.
    When will these scum (the whole family) be run out of town?

Friday, 28 July 2017, 4:44 pm
  • O look its one of the Waddys again the big gangster they are (NOT) what happened to the 10/20/life law ?

Friday, 28 July 2017, 12:51 pm
  • The Waddys. What a shocker. They never quit, i guess EVERY town needs in its population.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 10:58 am
  • Taken out the trash!! Good , another Waddy going to the Fla. Department of Corrections for yrs and yrs!!!!!! Both will be prisoners for a very long time. Spring Hill is looking better already.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 9:39 am
  • how many Waddys are there anyhow? what a fine brood mama

Friday, 28 July 2017, 7:58 am
  • friggin scumbags….all of them.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 7:27 am
  • Giving the New York Italians a good name.Hang these POS before they kill someone.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 6:49 am
  • i like how this story went from drive by shooting to discharging a firearm in public to showing a gun by the way Jamie siciliano been working with them for years

Friday, 28 July 2017, 4:13 am
    • Working with who for years you idiot i nvr even had a co.defendent so get your facts str8 i nvr told on anyone iam always the one in trouble as a matter of fact wjats ur name its usually the one saying it is the snitch…ignorence is something i cant stand…

Tuesday, 1 August 2017, 2:08 pm
  • Kind of difficult to act tough when you are driving an old man Lincoln. Come on bro

Friday, 28 July 2017, 12:57 am
  • nice they can get out on 1k bond for terrorizing a community with violence over and over. you know with the seriousness of the charges the bond would be set higher but guaranteed its called work out a deal you give us information aka snitch and we will make things easier on you. unfortunately this is how the system works.

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 10:38 pm
    • Where did you get the idea their bond was $1,000?

“Cusati’s bond is set at $11,000. Waddy is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and possession of marijuana. Waddy could be released on just $13,000 bond.”

Friday, 28 July 2017, 10:02 am
  • cusati the pos who hit my wife and kid left the scene to get smokes then filmed and mocked my wife and 11 yr old son for crawling from the smoking car saying they were faking and calling em a cry baby oh ya and disabled my wife

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 9:45 pm
  • Tom lemons I would really appreciate it if you could take my name off of this because I was forced to write a statement about what happened because I was in the vicinity of the area and I asked the deputy that I wanted to remain anonymous because I’m not a snitch and I’m not a cop caller so I really appreciate it if you can take my name off of this thank you

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 8:23 pm
    • I have everyone in Spring Hill calling me a snitch and I’m the police and all my friends are turning against me because you put me in the article that you had no permission doing I specifically asked Deputy Miranda if he would keep me in nonnamous because I’m not a snitch and I’m not a cop caller so I would appreciate it if you can take my name off of this article or delete whatever you have to do man because I have a lot of beef going on about this because my name is in your paper

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 8:29 pm
    • Let’s see. You don’t snitch. Translation – I whine about crime but do nothing to help the police catch the bad guys. I’m not a cop caller. Translation – I’d rather let the scum do whatever they want and be a part of the problem rather than being a part of the solution. Good attitude until you’re the next victim. Wonder if you’ll be a cop caller then.

Friday, 28 July 2017, 6:22 am
    • You want your name removed from the article, but you write a comment here explaining and use your name again? Think about it…………make sense?

Friday, 28 July 2017, 9:52 am
    • Come on dude. You weren’t forced. You are just afraid of retaliation and that you won’t be able to get your next fix. I hope you all go down soon.

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 5:44 pm
    • I smell a RAT !!!
      Snitches get WHAT??
      Has 911 on speed dial!!
      If he falls down his phone automatically calls!

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 7:23 pm
    • It doesn’t matter if your name is edited out of the article or not. The statement you wrote is a public record.

Saturday, 29 July 2017, 7:46 pm
  • Wanna be… SH Thugs…hope they remain under community control with new ankle bracelets.

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 5:03 pm
  • LOL at the random picture of a blunt being smoked. Did it shoot the gun too?

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 4:27 pm
  • Typical gangster wannabe douchebags.
    Where’s the zombie apocalypse when you need it most? Amiright?!

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 3:44 pm
  • Why are these jerks still breathing? Hangem, than shootem, case closed, no cost to tax payers.

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 3:21 pm
  • Great job hcso, these addicts are a threat to society.

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 1:46 pm
  • Shooting up a neighborhood, convicted felon, multiple charges, and free on a 1k bond? Am I missing something? Hey every one dealing with the guys, get a good hard look at the local snitches. You never get this low of a bond on such serious charges unless you provide valuable information. I wonder what they knew and who they rolled over on. Guess only time will tell. Are these the guys that drive the lincoln up and down deltona about a dozen times a day? I bet I can guess what kind of information they knew..lol

Thursday, 27 July 2017, 1:30 pm