VIDEO – Woman Claims HCSO Detective Intimidated, Threatened Arrest, After Exposing Alleged Corruption

BROOKSVILLE – A domestic violence survivor says she was mistreated, lied to, and now threatened by the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office for exposing illegal activity that she says is going on inside a local domestic violence shelter.

Ashley Wieder, along with several former occupants, local residents, and even former employees of the Dawn Center Domestic Violence Shelter, contacted RNRF over the last several years to voice concerns over drug abuse, prostitution, violent behavior and even roach infestations inside the facility.

RNRF published several stories on the issues over the years but Sheriff Al Nienhuis dismissed the claims, despite 187 calls to service that were recorded by HCSO between 2014-2015. Of course, Sheriff Al Nienhuis is among several other local politicians and their wives who sit on the Board of Directors for the Dawn Center.

On Tuesday October 10th, Wieder stepped to the podium during Citizen Comments at the Board of County Commissioners meeting in Brooksville (BOCC) to exposed Dawn Center issues. Wieder called out every current Dawn Center Board Member, who are all power brokers in Hernando County. Those names include, Former President, Sheriff Al Nienhuis, President, Tara Foreman (wife of former School Board member, Attorney Matt Foreman), VP, Brittany Oakland, Karen Nicolai (Treasurer, former Clerk of Court), Leanne Salazar, Elizabeth Jennings, Randi Allocco (Wife of Commissioner John Allocco), Curt Cornell, and Virginia Korbus. State Representative and Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, Blaise Ingoglia who represents the Board as an Ex Officio member. The Director of the Dawn Center is Shannon Sokolowsi, who has endorsed a three-year slander campaign against RNRF for reporting the allegations of what is going on inside the facility.

But the story doesn’t end there, the very next day after Wieder spoke to the BOCC, Detective Shawn Galarza contacted Wieder and asked to conduct an interview. Wieder tells RNRF that she finally thought something was going to be done about the issue but it turns out, Wieder says the meeting was intimidating and she felt like a criminal suspect the entire time.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH WIEDER’S TESTIMONY AND AUDIO FROM HER MEETING WITH DET. GALARZA.

During her 3-minute speech, Wieder accused the Dawn Center off falsely advertising services that never existed, including a very serious charge of the facility possibly committing fraud. Wieder says she was told to accept feminine products that she doesn’t use. But staff member told her that she had to sign for accepting the products, even though she didn’t use them, stating, “You have to so we get our funding.” Keep in mind that even though Dawn Center is a non-profit, it receives nearly a million dollars per year in Federal and State funding and thousands more in local donations.

Wieder also revealed drug transactions that occurred on the facility grounds but when she complained to staff members, they told her she would have to leave the facility to call the Sheriff’s Office because, “we don’t need them out here.”

On Wednesday, Det. Galarza met with Wieder at her home on Baily Hill Road. With Galarza’s permission, she recorded the conversation, as did Det. Galarza.

Galarza questions why Wieder didn’t contact the Sheriff’s Office to complain, instead of going to the BOCC. He goes on to ask why she used the term “BOCC” and says “nobody uses that term, which is an unusual questions because “BOCC” is a very common term used by the media and government official. Galarza then turned his questioning towards RNRF, specifically [Tom Lemons], stating, “Did anyone by the name of Tom Lemons tell you to call the Sheriff’s Office?” Ashley denied those allegations and it should be noted that Ashley did not call the Sheriff’s Office at all – they contacted her.

Det. Galarza advised that “… the Sheriff would not jeopardize his career and align himself with a facility that’s doing something illegal.” But if that is true, then why hasn’t the Sheriff acknowledged or investigated the numerous complaints from women, residents in the community, and even hospital staff who have had to treat several drug and alcohol overdose patients from Dawn Center over the years?

Det. Galarza says during the interview that a “thorough investigation” was conducted in 2015 but so far officials have been unable to provide a case number or details into that alleged investigation. When or if they do, we will certainly update the story with those findings.

At the end of the interview Det. Galarza threatens to come back and arrest Wieder if he finds out that she was coerced or lied about why she spoke to the BOCC regarding Dawn Center issues.

RNRF has attempted dozens of times over the years to request comments from Dawn Center staff and Board Members but they have all refused to respond to our requests.

RNRF has interviewed several individuals and we plan to bring at least one additional report on this issue in the coming weeks.

Here are links to previous RNRF reports regarding issues with Dawn Center:

2015 Video Report: Shelter or Sham, Dawn Center Nightmare

Sokolowski’s Dawn Center, House of Horrors? Women Speak Out

Father Of Missing Child Says Dawn Center Helped Ex-Wife Hide Daughter During Search, Planned Escape To Canada

CLICK HERE TO WATCH OCTOBER 10, 2017 BOCC MEETING IN ITS ENTIRETY

Comments
  • I would like to clarify. I am not anti-law enforcement. I have witnessed and been a victim of extreme misconduct as have my family and some friends. I find it very sad that some corrupt individuals with power can cause many problems for many people even destroying lives in lieu of what is in best interest of society.
    It is not enjoyable to have to fight for our rights when violated, but we must stand up for our families and our children and our communities when others are endangered. When we do this we do it for all not just us. It is selfless to expose ourselves to trying to raise awareness to save the next future victim this hardship.
    The immaturity and gross conduct toward people in these comments raising concerns, stating facts, not bashing, but raising awareness of concerns for public safety and the betterment of society, is sad.
    It is sad and common that this appears to be a competition being bullied and has been mocked and made into a spectator game. Sadly, standard conduct for many on display.
    It is NOT a game. These are very serious issues that need to be corrected and addressed on a multitude of community safety concerns and no one should have an objection to that.
    While some are attempting to turn these concerns into accusations of law enforcement bashing etc. That is not the case, if there are complaints they should be transparently investigated, it is not fun to stand up to these issues. There should be appreciation for those strong enough to at least try to implement correction to system flaws or misconduct.
    The resistance I am seeing and the bashing I am seeing is coming from people who have decided to wage horrible insults against others who are trying to inform the public of very serious issues is heartbreaking yet, expected. Why?
    Instead, of being respected or listened to, we are being attacked, insulted, made fun of, this is the VERY behavior that breeds this misconduct. It is not a game. It is lives. Many lives.
    I will not banter with trolls any further, I pray that we do not find out they are law enforcement behaving in that manner.
    I will continue to stand with those who are truly concerned for public safety in addressing misconduct, public safety or corruption issues.
    Please stop trying to bully us and demean us for speaking up and reaching for help to do the right thing. Attempt to travel the chain of command is what we try to do, over and over and over.
    This display of hatred and battering of victims speaking up, is not an uncommon result for victims. To be dismissed or further re-victimized is unfortunately, quite common. It is not impressive nor does it reflect intelligence to insult us.
    This is EXACTLY what we are trying to fix so future victims are not treated this way.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 10:00 pm
    • Kahtleen, I know exactly what your talking about and it amazes me that many residents of Hernando County still refuse to acknowledge the corruption and ineptness of many in the HCSO.I have witnessed, first hand, this form of treatment from HCSO and the powers that be do nothing. I’m sorry you had to experience this kind of response from individuals whose job description is ” To Serve and Protect.”

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 9:41 am
  • The Dawn Center debacle has to do with the BOCC and the Sheriff, yet many use it as their forum to bash the deputies.
    As a former LEO myself, I worked along MANY fine deputies and take offense to people who lump every deputy in with their opinion of the Sheriff. 99% of the deputies do their job for you. If YOU have had SO many encounters with the Sheriff’s Office that enables you to pass judgement on every deputy, then maybe you need to look in the mirror for the source of your problem.

Monday, 16 October 2017, 7:53 pm
    • Perhaps, you never heard of the saying, “One bad apple spoils the whole barrell”
      In my opinion, problems like this start at the top. I was always taught that craps rolls downward and this is particularly evident in the HCSO. The climate is set by the inaction of those in charge, for many reasons includoling wanting to meet their own agenda, and the SOME subordinates take advantage.

Friday, 20 October 2017, 6:54 am
  • All of this and Al wants to take over the Brooksville Police Department, I guess the more officers under your thumb, the more you can get away with! I think he should worry about his own disfunctional operation!

Monday, 16 October 2017, 7:08 am
  • What a colossal waste of everyone’s time – she is complaining because they gave her pads?? Was she forced into prostitution?? Was she abused at the center? There was no intimidation on that recording just typical Q&A. This is junk news…

Monday, 16 October 2017, 5:36 am
  • I believe you can also contact the IRS regarding the non profit status and request an audit..

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 8:08 pm
    • You must be one of the regulars that treat the dawn center as there home, upon departure from the jail. When getting released from HCJ you can contact the dawn center for a place and a ride home. Bet if they checked they would see several people who moved in to the dawn center on their release day from jail. The Dawn center does not treat battered women. End of story! Now close it down!

Monday, 16 October 2017, 10:51 pm
  • i’ve worked with families in dependency cases for the past 15 years. since the Hernando County Family Visitation Center closed in 2015, i’ve been looking for work in a similar organization. there are so many families in bad situations in need of help in this county.
    the Dawn Center has been posting the same job “Women’s Advocate – P/T” for the past 2 years. i felt, with my experience, that this job would be perfect for me. i’ve submitted resume after resume, application after application. not one response.
    recently i sent a message to Sheriff Neinhuis, offering to help set up another center where families and children would feel safe and protected. again, not a response.
    i run into family after family who are involved in abusive situations, they cry to me to help them. i wish i could.
    this whole county – from the Dawn Center, the HCSO, the attorneys and the judges – needs to be looked at carefully and fixed quickly before more people become victims. wish i knew where to start.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 3:11 pm
  • What the hell does he mean that nodody calls the BOCC the BOCC? That’s exactly what it is. Just like HCSO is HCSO.

Of course that isn’t the main point here, but it sure blows the credibility of the officer.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 1:13 pm
  • Thank you, Tom. As a victim of this State Terrorism for over a decade.. I want to personally thank you for your courage to address the truth. Please continue and please be safe. You are not alone in the journey to try to save others from this State terrorism against our communities. They will not run out of victims. 🙁 so sad that the ones you go to help for turn out to be the most evil.. many are just unaware and it is so important to raise awareness. How many more will die, be injured or silenced via corruption and intimidation before government agencies take action? Unfortunately, in the 11 years I have experienced this terrorism, there seems to be no slowing of the breeding of the corrupt actions, if anything it has grown exponentially, consistently peaking upward..the skew is positive with the correlation between abuse and corruption.. 🙁 so so sad. No, none of this is enjoyable it is devastating to have to have been raising my voice for 11 years pleading for lives of innocent children and future victims.. why would they try to silence my voice? hmm Why would they protect career criminals, violent criminals with much history of violence? hmm?? Why are they so aggressive to enable and empower dangerous predators, killers, rapists?? ugh This is very painful, the more I learn the more painful it is but, someone needs to raise their voice. I have also pleaded for 11 years for others to join me, please, please, can’t we do anything to stop this devastation and covert harassment that seems to be standard business ‘political’ business in this County and others?? State wide? Let’s ask the Governor, this goes way beyond just the Sheriff, how about BRAD KING?? !! Why do they risk their practices? Why did Hogan Law Group step in to risk their practice when MSNBC reported on misconduct by delivering threats to my door?? Why? Would these people empower dangerous criminals to further, intentionally endanger the public???? WHY?? We need to raise the roof on these, every single one of them who have dismissed and further endangered the public.. It takes tremendous courage, we do it for the well being of society, what are they doing?? Please do not give up, NEVER GIVE UP. Our voices collectively cannot be ignored.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 10:45 am
    • What in the world did you just say?

Monday, 16 October 2017, 5:22 am
  • I watched the video and listened to the audio interview with Det. Galarza. As a former HCSO LEO, I am sickened that this woman was threatened and browbeaten because she went to the BOCC to expose the issues at the Dawn center.

There is no criminal law that I know of that prohibits speaking out in a BOCC meeting about wrongdoings one witnessed. Granted, they could always go after her for slander if she were found to be lying about the conditions, but that’s a civil issue. Now, they can get her for lying on a written statement, but there needs to be proof that she lied. I don’t think she did.

The fact that she was threatened and intimidated because she bypassed the SO and reported this in a meeting tells me that the brass at the SO are afraid of what may be uncovered. They are mad because when she publicly reported this, it became an issue that they could not sweep under the rug. She forced them to take action, and Big Al doesn’t like it when the little guy doesn’t fall in line. She is not required to go to the SO to talk about this, despite what Det. Galarza was implying. Last time I checked, we have this little thing called freedom of speech, and she exercised it at a public meeting.

I really think that this woman needs to contact an attorney because of this interview. In my opinion, she was harassed and threatened by a LEO just because she publicly reported perceived wrongdoings. And don’t think that Galarza came up with this on his own. He was directed to do his. This is Gestapo behavior, and it has to stop.

Bottom line is that the Dawn center is a crime-infested rat hole, and the Sheriff doesn’t want the people to know about it because he is sitting on the board!

Tom, thank you for reporting this.

Steve Champion, please do something about this!

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 8:17 pm
    • Galarza done such a horrible interview, completely unprofessional and child like. He made such an issue over her calling it The BOCC, and he errors in the statement that no one calls it the BOCC . cause I for one call it the BOCC. 2nd… The BOCC on public notice is referred to as the BOCC. AS, I walked my dog last night I passed three signs that’s it no trespassing by the order of the BOCC. ALL OVER THIS COUNTY the signs do not say Commissioners Board of Commissioners or anything else but BOCC. Detective Galarza you for right in on the losing team you are a puppet for.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 6:08 am
    • I have been threatened and dismissed for 11 years from this SO regarding stalking/dangerous predators w/ history of violence and murder of my family. There is even a national show on MSNBC (youtube/kelly bostick_ regarding misconduct by this SO.. 11 YEARS of terror. I informed Dawn Center and I also pleaded for help with Hillsborough County Shelter THE SPRING OF TAMPA BAY they refused me assistance. These DV shelters receive lots of funding. Where is it going??? If victims, especially as high profile as our case is, no help, intimidation, threats trauma to children. I pray someone can do something about this!!!!
      I have not even read the article in it’s entirety, nor do I have to. I support this woman’s claims and you can find much information in my story to back hers up as well.. if SOMEONE would apply the effort to find out why victims are being re-victimized in FLORIDA. This is a State wide issue, mine is national/federal as the twin predators have a history of violence against many in multiple states..
      I have met with FBI, FDLE, DOJ many others.. when I would not remain silent about the corruption they wrongfully arrested my son and terrorized my children/family.
      ONE MUST ASK, WHY IS HERNANDO COUNTY PROTECTING PREDATORS???!!!!
      https://www .facebook.com/JusticeforPatrickandEvelynDePalma/

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 9:41 am
      • Kathleen, in 11 years you have not been able to make it on your own. If you can not find the right hand out here, solve 2 things at one time. Move to another state. Shelters are designed for temporary stays not to become a life style.

Monday, 16 October 2017, 5:56 pm
  • Wow this is such a lie. Real news Real Fast. More like Fake News Real Fast.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 5:58 pm
    • And the conspiracy includes the live video and recording… Tom is good

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 5:44 am
      • Of course I’m being sarcastic… How can these videos and recording be fake?

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 6:49 am
  • The Detective reacted like a bully. His tone was out of place. The BOCC and Tom Lemons questions were stupid and the threat was just ugly. She is a citizen and has every right to speak to the Royals.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 5:17 pm
  • this detecitve has no business being a detective but I’m sure they’ll reward him in the near future. Tom find out if he is still a detective or did they take care of his ego..

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 4:01 pm
  • As former law enforcement I can tell you that I have run into a few Police Officers in this county that have lied on reports and do not know how to thoroughly investigate a child abuse case. I will be submitting a formal complaint with the HCSO very soon which involves their police officers lying on reports(with evidence of this). I was recently told by a HCSO deputy that if my child required stitches then an arrest would be made against the man who laid hands on her. Bruises on my child and my child’s fear and statements made to deputies do not matter. It seems like a reactive department more so than a proactive department. Some not all of these Deputies need some retraining on report writing and how to not to lie on reports. More importantly they need to not silence a child when they are a victim of child abuse!!!!

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 1:13 pm
    • Absolutely, thank you.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 3:48 pm
    • If you look at my story, the detective falsified many reports, falsified arrest affidavit of my son, falsified witness reports, falsified to the media facts about the double homicide cases of my family members. They used the media to deliver false information to the public, false information.
      I have copies of all.. then I was threatened multiple times. Evidence of all. I do not want any victim to feel they are alone when being retaliated against. I know that feeling well.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 9:57 am
  • Does anyone remember deputy GLADFELTER ? Who shot & killed some kid in cold blood, doctored NUMEROUS arrest reports& so on. Well they didn’t do SQUAT to him , UNTIL he stole from the bereavement fund !!! Another fine deputy!
    Even then he’s out & about !!! If u see him, say ” HEY , KID KILLER !!! “

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 10:58 am
    • So kill a child in cold blood, lie on reporters and anything else…. But don’t touch that money…..lol once he stuck his hand in the cookie jar it was over oh my God there’s the proof in the pudding what really matters LOL

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 6:11 am
  • Did I not hear the same interview? Posters are saying the detective was threading and intimidating yet I’m not sure I hear any of that. I heard questions and answers. I heard the detective remind Ashley if she was filing a false claim she would answer for it. I guess I missed the intimidation and threats.
    I do have 2 thoughts on the dawn center. First how can the sheriff, a board member, have his direct reports conduct an unbais investigation? Second, many poster have said this happens or that happens, just show proof. The police and the board will not be able to over look legitimate proof.
    Ashley you were very prepared and well spoken. I say get the facts and pictures to Ashley and let her present them to the fdle. I would start with anyone on this posting that said, ‘ I have a daughter in law, sister, friend, or mother that was living there and witnessed these things”, agree to give a sworn statement. If there are enough statements the game would be forced to at least look into the dawn center.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 10:40 am
    • It is the SO & SAO that needs to be investigated for extreme misconduct, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, along with the DV agencies that are cooperating.. ugh evil

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 10:02 am
  • The sheriff and “power brokers” are corrupt and need to be taken down. too bad FDLE wont do anything.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 8:17 am
  • Knee-HIGH is a criminal SCUMBAG!!!
    He should be in prison, along with most of his deputies!!! REAL piece of !!
    I hope someone guns him down like the piece of crap he is!!then he can use all the money he’s STEALING to build a shrine to himself! ( so homeless people have a place to relieve them selfs) when he is killed or ARRESTED I will have the BIGGEST party in town!! [email protected] the police 👮! COMPLETE SCUM of the earth!!

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 3:55 am
  • I believe Pam Bondi would like to hear about this. We communicate on a regular basis.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 11:25 pm
    • While you are at it tell her about it took the SO 8 hours to write up an affidavit to obtain a search warrant for a drug plane. BTW when did the folks turn themselves in as the sheriff said they would do?

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 4:04 pm
    • Hernando county sheriff department. Is as dirty as they come. I know for a fact the cops around here are dirty. They lied on a police report & put an arrest warrant out for a friend of mine while we were in high school. We were 14-15yrs old. Old man attacked my friend. We all witnessed it. 10 different kids. All had the same story. 5 adults next door all had different stories. Yet they still went after my friend. 2nd I was arrested in 1999/2000. I admit. I fucked up. Had some weed on me. That’s not were the story ends. The cop that had me in his car actually tried to plant more weed on me. He lifted up back seat. & not stashed in the front or back of seat. It was dead on in the middle of the seat. Like he picked it up & places it there. Judge threw case out. But it’s just the fact he even tried something so low. So dirty. For every 1 good cop. There’s 4-5 bad.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 4:33 pm
      • the same thing happened to my son, adult men didn’t like that he and his friends hangout down the street from them, some words were exchanged near the adults home And the guy gets 4-5 to go down to teach the kids a lesson. one of the boy’s older brother came out and the adults started a fight and got there ass’s kicked. Went back home got their story straight and called the cops(one had a friend on the force). they stated they fear for their lives. We had a lot of lawyer fees when all the time we argued if they feared for their lives why did they walk down there to begin with. Some of the boy’s the men went after were 16 yrs old. Good Ole Boy’s at work. sorry but you see this all the time.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 8:06 am
    • She is not going to do a thing but cover it up. So far, I have seen no action in multiple years of pleading for her assistance in corruption which even has national attention.. look up my story, multiple emails and calls to her.. do not waste your time, go federal. No one local will help..Much experience.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 10:04 am
  • Unbelievable! How stupid do you have to be to go to this woman, tell her you are doing an investigation into her concerns, but also tell her there is no way the Sheriff would align himself with wrongdoing. That is not something said in an impartial investigation. Didn’t the Sheriff just have to give back over a million dollars to the BOCC. This was an intimidation tactic period!

Friday, 13 October 2017, 10:01 pm
    • With things like this there is rarely an impartial investigation. And the 30 year major he talks about, well look at his own family history. They aren’t so up and up either. I told my husband that the investigation the detective is claiming to open is probably about the victim who came forward and will have nothing to do with the Dawn Center. There’s been problems there since Debbie Andrews ran the scam, I mean center. One lady on the board killed someone on the roads in Hernando County a few years back. The former clerk of court handed Don Barbee the job that he now holds. Corruption runs so deep here, I don’t wear my cowboy boots anymore. I wear my waders. There’s a lot of bad apples working for Sheriff Al and they’ve even buffaloed him and gotten into higher positions. Oh the inside stories that can and will be told. Just saying.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 11:34 pm
    • My sons ex girlfriend was in the Dawn center,cand YES, she was a drug user and was able to get the drugs from others there, so it DOES exist there!!!!!

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 6:49 am
    • she is a suspect because she used the term BOCC, big assumption that one uses that term. And what crime would it be if Tom Lemmons had heard this woman’s story and told her to go the BOCC. Watch they make it all go away and try to besmirch this woman.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 8:13 am
  • I want to smack that smirk off his face!
    How dare he sit up there on his throne and
    smirk while this woman is speaking out against the people
    that are stealing our tax payers dollars!!!
    Actually it is more like a laugh and smirk at the same time!
    Watch the video again and see if you agree with me.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 9:51 pm
  • Hernando county is full of corruption, from the sheriffs office, judges & lawyers! They’re know for their “good ol boy” reputation. Good ol boy’s…I think not! I’m also a “survivor” of their abuse!

Friday, 13 October 2017, 9:12 pm
    • I am also a victim of my estranged wife, being sheltered following her 3 week incarceration and conviction for battery.
      I was not even cared for being the victim and sole provider for 2 minor children.
      My estranged wife has lied to get into the dawn center 3 years ago after theft charges and drug /alcohol abuse and abandoning us.
      She told them i was her abuser. She admitted to phychiatrists and medical rehabs that she has been the abuser. She told me that her and other residents smoked marihuana regularly while walking on the wooded path to walmart on 50. She told me not to come w/in the camera view off property to prevent her from getting kicked out. Many times she said the women would drink alcohol at night there yet she went ultimatly on a crack mission june 2013 again.
      Today i am aware that she has been refferred for employment at mcdonalds, free legal services and is requesting by petition UNSUPERVISED VISITS W OUR MINOR KIDS.
      DCF has only been here 1 time and threatens to take my children if i allow her back. I dont know how upside down this deception goes.
      Please join me at Tom Varn tmrw oct 14 as the dawn center is having another fundraiser. Maybe peaceful demonstration will lead to legitimate review and vetting of perspective residents in the future. I am in fear for the safety from retaliation of my willingness to inform the guests of our undiputable evidence and truth of exsisting unfair support and services of a convicted batterer. Mental health history extensive also. No follow thru no substance testing and unprecedented coverup/support. Children at risk in and out of dawn center.
      Message with ideas to assist victims and families please.
      Thanks

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 12:40 am

Every government entity has a superior! Those whom abuse their power and duties on another individual (and I use the word ABUSE carefully) will eventually be held accountable. Crap always comes out in the wash). Just sayin………

Friday, 13 October 2017, 7:04 pm
  • You should all be ashamed of disparaging our first responders and leaders. I, for one, am tired of your anti-American, unpatriotic behavior. Sadly, I do not have any NFL merchandise to burn, but I may torch a flier I saved from a past blueberry festival. That should help.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 7:02 pm
  • Alright, someone needs to clean house in this county, I’m done.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:35 pm
  • HCSO doesn’t care about women. Check their active call log, sexual assault almost always shows up as low or medium priority. Traffic stops or a kid smoking a doobie are more important to them than women’s safety.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:12 pm
  • Well everyone called me crazy saying our sheriff would never , or it’s all a conspiracy theory. Well now I can say ……. I told you so our county is a swamp and it goes from bottom to top and that interview proves , our sheriff , our bocc, our state reps and I wouldn’t be surprised if it went higher up the chain are all lining their pockets with pur tax dollars , that is called embezzlement, extortion, fraud, and now we need to contact Pam Bondi, and Jeff Sessions to fully investigate our county officials and arrest all of them if there is even a sliver of involvement in this.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:07 pm
    • Ditto! They DO need to be fully investigated, and I hope this young lady will ‘lead the pack’. I’m so very proud of her for taking a stand. Coming forward as a ‘whistleblower’ can be very undaunting to say the least. Kudos to her, and I hope she nails their a$$es to the wall!

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 1:05 am
  • It seems to me that all this material should be presented to an unbiased FDLE, or possibly the State’s Attorney General for probable cause to start an indepth investigation. It also sounds like some collusion may be happening with so many influential people who are probably friends. Who keeps tabs on the income coming into this place?

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:06 pm
  • There is corruption in every municipality in every state in the union in every form of government and its agencies, ……….get used to it.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:55 pm
  • The more i think about it..what this detective did to an ABUSED woman is disgusting..outrageous and unacceptable.
    We all need to attend the next BOCC meeting and get up one after the other and question the board on…

IS THE BOCC BEING PRESSURED TO KEEP QUIET

HAVE THEY BEEN ASKED TO COVER UP

ARE YOU COMPROMISED BECAUSE YOUR SPOUSE IS INVOLVED

These are the questions the detective should have asked..he questioned the wrong person

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:54 pm
  • I’m angry! My husband & I signed up for the “Dash for the Dawn Center, Take Back the Night”. We are only doing the one mile walk but I’m now feeling like I want to show up at the registration to demand our money back! I’m a domestic violence survivor of 14 years & when we saw this opportunity to ‘help’ our community we signed up. It seems like the “BOCC” has some work to do since our wonderful Sheriff cannot seem to get his priorities straight. Have you noticed, the way it’s always about funding & budgets? BTW, how dare that detective speak to that courageous woman in such a demanding manor. My hats off to her for taking a chance and going against the grain of big bad Hernando Sheriff & his band of cowboys!

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:34 pm
  • why do so many issues of improper, collusion, corruption show its ugly head in Hernando county?

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:17 pm
    • Gee ya think there might be some truth there?

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:44 pm
  • Knowing what goes one inside the Sheriffs Office I have no doubt that this story is true. I wouldn’t trust the SO as far as I could throw them. Very unprofessional

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:11 pm
    • Calling the SO on the Dawn Center is like reporting Tom Gibbs The SO will not do a thing, Call the FDLE and have the SO and the Dawn Center investigated.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:18 pm
      • FDLE has HCSO in their pockets. One lies an the other sticks up for them. I don’t trust either agency and I sure as heck don’t trust or like Dawn Center. Hernando County reeks of corruption, has for years and they seem to be untouchable and out of control. Sheriff Al has blinders and seems to be useless. I have no doubt that this detective was bullying and why Tom’s name was even brought up makes me go hmmm.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:59 pm
        • Each of the LE agencies going up the line sticks up for those being complained about. FDLE will stick up for sheriffs, and the Attorney General will stick up for FDLE. Wrongdoing by law enforcement doesn’t get the attention it should in Florida.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 1:18 pm
  • Please keep up the reporting of the problems at Dawn Center. They need to be exposed and these women need protection, not harassment . I do not trust this sherrif anymore. He has hidden too many things from the taxpayer. I have spoken to first responders who have said you always act respectful and responsible while at the scene.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:04 pm
  • The only ones I feel bad for are the home owners surrounding this place. Future buyers should be aware of where and what it is in their back yards.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 3:54 pm
    • I agree. Go take a walk around and I’m sure you will find used needles around Dawn Center. Yet HCSO enables this kind of activity by not enforcing the laws and allowing the fraud to continue there.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:01 pm
  • I cannot believe the way Ms. Wieder was treated during her presentation of the issues that she, herself witnessed. Her being questioned as to why she didn’t call the Sheriff’s Office were uncalled for….she was there before the BOCC (Yes, I also refer to them as the BOCC), so that they could have looked into the issues which she saw as a problem. Her being asked multiple times if Tom Lemons had put her up to her talking to the BOCC were uncalled for…..really, does it matter why she chose the current time to bring these issues up. It looks like they were trying to hang Tom Lemons in the front of City Hall. In my opinion to all of the Members who were sitting at that table at the meeting of the BOCC Members, they all appeared that this was not the first time that they were hearing of her accusations and I am wondering if they had heard, why haven’t any members of the Board taken any action against those people who are responsible for the operation of the Dawn Center. I am really curious to reading follow up stories on this issue and I trust that Tom Lemons, with his excellent reporting abilities, will follow up on this story. The people of Hernando County need to know exactly how their tax dollars are being spent and also the people who donate to the Dawn Center (I, for one), also want to know how my funds are being used.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 3:47 pm
    • Regarding our family’s double homicide investigation which started with twin predators stalking our family with history in Hernando.. the journalists that tried to tell the truth were met with much political resistance..
      YET the Sheriff office released multiple false facts to media to control the public .. many facts and much evidence to journalists facing resistance trying to tell the truth..
      I personally, have been threatened and terrorized.. Look up our story, wonder what happened to Patrick and Evelyn DePalma? The SO AND SAO covered up their murders because they had full information regarding the twin predators and instead terrorized our family when I kept speaking up about corruption.
      They falsified reports, witness reports and continue to empower serial predators likely serial killers.. why?
      Even after national show about misconduct there were no disciplinary actions. I met with FBI and FDLE. When the show MSNBC did revealed misconduct, their HERNANDO law firm, Hogan Law Group, sent threatening letters, hand delivered to my door threatening to arrest me.

Sunday, 15 October 2017, 10:20 am
      • Kathleen, You sound like u have a very messed up family. The law don!t make this up. Get a job.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 9:48 am
  • Please call me also a victim of the Dawn Center battered father and children are refused legal aid referral by the dawn Center Indigent status Dawn Center housing convicted batter mother right out of jail 3 weeks stipulations I have documentation contact Darren about this Injustice need help Father and minor children run over by the dawn Center inappropriate deception fraud Criminal not the first negative experience have documentation contact dream daddy 41:13 @gmail dot-com one word dream daddy 413 at gmail.com need help for children and injured victim father

Friday, 13 October 2017, 3:20 pm
    • Check into Jericho Road Ministries. They may be able to help you and your children. Good luck, Captain.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 11:28 pm
    • Some punctuations would help to get your point across.
      As it is it’s difficult to understand.

Saturday, 14 October 2017, 2:01 am
  • WHY DOES THIS NOT SURPRISE ME! Not every Deputy, but many in the HCSO are untrained and/or not appropriate for the job. This is specifically a problem in the Domestic Violence area.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 3:12 pm
    • Many detectives operate outside the law..have seen it…I have heard this detectives name before..im sure he is part of a team..and used as needed. Contact Bondis office police coming for “interview” interrogation is really what it was..smells very bad…very serious actually

Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:28 pm
  • Every time this comes up, I lose more respect for Sheriff Al for aligning him self with this facility. Where theres smoke there id usually fire. Sooner or later the truth will come out. Maybe if someone contacted Pam bondi or the Govoner of this fine state something might be done. In the mean time TOM, keep the pressure on.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 2:44 pm
    • yes,I GOT YOUR BACK,… Tom, keep the pressure on. this place needs to be investigated by an outside, impartial panel.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 3:26 pm
      • Sounds to me like Tom needs to watch his back and I am very glad this bad apple was taped. Yes, these tapes need to be taken higher but good luck getting anybody to investigate this county and the corruption. People have been trying for years with valid evidence. The problem is, HCSO will lie and make the complainer sound bad, therefore nothing is taken seriously by any other outside agency. I’ve seen it happen (from the inside) way too often. Sheriff Al is almost worse than Dick Nugget was.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:07 pm
        • Next bocc meeting we all need to show up and ask the same question and thst question is , will the bocc allow a independent federal investigation into the dawn center , the bocc and the sheriff for embezzlement, extortion, witness intimidation, fraud, and money laundering.

Everyone ask the question in those exact words and see their response .

The next route would be petition articles of impeachment against all of the bocc, the sheriff, and demand criminal investigations into their actions.

It is not right that they are above the law and those we entrust to enforce the law make it up as they go , or ignore it when it’s politically motivated. We need to stand United and drain our swamp.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 10:03 pm
          • also about crimes that sheriffs office has not done there job on and letting killers to go free in Hernando cause they friends with deputies in the sheriffs office Guess I have been right all along Tom about the corruption in the sheriffs office now that other people are finally coming forward I certainly would like to contact that woman he fired for not doing her job and testify on her behalf how discrimination is played because Breedlove did not do his job and let my daughter and grandsons killer go free to go out shooting his guns in public not even a year later endangering the life of a minor

Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 8:33 pm